Diana Năcuță LL.M.She/herAssociate
Diana Nacuta is an experienced employment lawyer, advising domestic and international employers in sectors like Technology, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Food and Retail, Media and Financial Services.
Diana has also developed niche specialized skills, including on immigration related formalities and complex litigation cases.
Diana holds a double diploma in law (Romanian and French), as well as an LL.M in General Private Law from Pantheon-Sorbonne University (Paris 1). During college, she was an intern at the European Court of Human Rights.
Diana acts as trust advisor of various clients, by providing assistance to domestic and international companies on day-to-day employment issues, such as restructuring of workforce, via both individual and collective reorganization lay-offs, labor inspections, discrimination complaints, immigration formalities, enforcing court decisions, implementation of internal regulations and policies on various aspects, reviewing and tailoring all types of employment documentation (including complex individual employment agreements, collective agreements), transfer of employees related matters. Her work also involves handling litigation files – including challenges against disciplinary dismissals, restructurings, workplace discrimination and harassment claims. She was also involved in due diligence projects and provided related transactional assistance on employment matters.
Diana is also actively involved in pro bono work and supports various knowledge developments initiatives.
- Assisting a multinational conglomerate operating several prominent areas of business on its employment assignments, generally ranging from implementation of relevant internal policies to more sensitive support.
- Advising one of the largest FinTech companies in the world on its main employment projects, ranging from more general internal policy implementation (such as the internal regulation), to more specific and sensitive advice and practical approaches on aspects of employees’ professional trainings.
- Acting as trust advisor for a US notorious independent journalism news agency for their most complex and sensitive employment matters in Romania.
- Assisting a holding company that, through subsidiaries, distributes, stores, transports and markets energy products and related services, in relation to various and complex employment matters.
- Advising a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company, on day-to-day employment matters and on specific employment projects such as employees' compensation and benefits plans; complex training programs with global recognition; TUPE-related implications; internal regulations considering legislative novelties and activity sector specifics; and in relation to employment termination cases.
- Advising one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies and with notable operations in Romania on employment specific work, as well as day-to-day matters, complexly ranging from implementation of employer internal policies, including statutory internal regulations addressing most recent legislative developments and intended to serve as a most practical/ employer-flexible working tool, as well as comprehensive input.
- Acting as trusted advisor of one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges as part of its endeavors to run the fairly recently set-up a competitive business services center in Bucharest, Romania, on virtually all relevant Romanian employment law matters.
- Assisting a US company with an unrivalled portfolio of data infrastructure semiconductor technology on virtually all employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market, as a result of the acquisition of a leader in high speed data movement, with relevant operations in Romania.
- Advised a leading global professional services company - active in the strategy, consulting, and technology sectors - on the regulatory process for licensing recruitment-related services on the Romanian market.
- Assisting one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies on intricate and sensitive employment matters (including relevant documentation), including implementation of internal policies on key topics for the Life Sciences sector and for them as a global organization.
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University (Paris 1), LL.M in General Private Law, 2017
- French-Romanian College of European Studies, Master of Laws in International and European Business Law, 2016
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Laws, 2016
French-Romanian College of European Studies, Degree in French and European Law, 2015
- Romania: COVID-19 measures lifted as state of alert ends
- Romania: Digital nomad visa, minimum wage, vocational training and workplace bullying
- Romania: New COVID-19 rules relevant for employers and other employment hot topics
- Romania: New rules in employment - electronic signatures, teleworking updates & exemptions for micro-enterprises
- Romania: Coronavirus - New COVID-19 employment-related regulations: Latest developments
- DLA Piper advises Wipro Limited on the acquisition of METRO-NOM GmbH and METRO Systems Romania
- Diana Năcuță vă prezintă cele mai importante modificări
- May 2020 - present: Associate, DLA Piper Dinu, Bucharest
- July 2018 - April 2020: Junior Associate, DLA Piper Dinu, Romania
- November 2017 – June 2018: Junior Associate, local law firm, Romania
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Wirtualna Polska on a deal to acquire international Szallas Group
12 September 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read