Alex C. RobertsPartner
Alex C. Roberts has a corporate finance practice with a focus in the areas of banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, corporate reorganizations and restructurings and general corporate commercial law.
He routinely handles multijurisdictional secured and unsecured lending transactions with an emphasis on asset-based and corporate lending, acquisition financings, project finance and structured finance.
He also acts for public and private companies and private equity funds in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, as well as complex corporate and tax reorganizations and restructurings.
- Counsel to G3 Global Group in connection with two term loan syndicated credit facilities in excess of $1 billion
- Counsel to the borrowers in connection with a global $300 million syndicated credit facility established by Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce as agent for a global tire and rubber manufacturing company
- Counsel to TD Bank and Credit Suisse in connection with an $85 million structure equipment finance transaction involving export credit insurance
- Counsel to the lenders and the purchaser in respect of a $75 million purchase and sale and subsequent leasing transaction of two flight simulators and three flight training devices from and to a TSX listed corporation in the aeronautics industry
- Counsel to the lenders in connection with a $43 million project financing transaction in respect of the 27 MW wind farm in the Province of Newfoundland
- Counsel to the lenders in connection with a $250 million project financing of the Contracted Flying Training and Support Contract by the Government of Canada for the provision of primary flight training services to the Canadian Air Force
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Counsel to Saudi Agricultural & Livestock Investment Company and its Canadian subsidiary in connection with the $250 million acquisition of a controlling interest in The Canadian Wheat Board as a result of its commercialization
- Counsel to Saudi Agricultural & Livestock Investment Company and its Canadian subsidiary in connection with the establishment of a joint venture for the development, construction and operation of a new state of the art grain handling terminal in British Columbia
- Counsel to Saudi Agricultural & Livestock Investment Company in connection with its establishment of operations and joint venture arrangements in Canada with a NYSE listed company
- Counsel to CBI Health Group and its management shareholders in connection with its acquisition by OMERS Private Equity from Callisto Capital LLP
- Counsel to a Canadian private equity fund in connection with its $90 million acquisition financing of a Canadian healthcare business purchased from a U.S. public company and $63 million senior credit facility and $10 million subordinated debt arrangements in connection therewith
- Counsel to a TSX and NASDAQ listed corporation in the telecommunications industry in respect of $225 million divestiture of fibre optic cable throughout parts of Canada and the U.S.
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 1994
- B.A., University of Waterloo, 1991
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association