Melissa KusterTransfer Pricing Director
Melissa Kuster practices in the area of tax and transfer pricing. She is an economist and has a particular focus on transfer pricing dispute resolution and intangible property and legal entity valuation. Her recent experience includes negotiating transfer pricing settlements in diverted profits and tax fraud investigations.
Her clients include companies in a range of sectors including technology & media, gaming, pharmaceutical and energy & resources.
- Negotiated a settlement with HMRC on behalf of a taxpayer over the value of an intangible asset transfer stemming from a billion-dollar acquisition, resulting in a significant tax reduction from HMRC’s original position and avoiding litigation.
- Led settlement and resolution of nine Profit Diversion Compliance Facility cases for taxpayers across a variety of industries.
- Successfully challenged transfer pricing discovery assessments issued by HMRC, resulting in their withdrawal.
- Led valuations of over 100 entities for a global communications company as part of a major post-acquisition integration.
- Valued a portfolio of brands in an intercompany restructuring to position the portfolio for sale to a third party.
- Washington University in St. Louis, BA, English & American Literature, 2000
- University of Missouri – St. Louis, MA, History, 2006
- University of Missouri – St. Louis, MA, Economics, 2011
- LexisNexis Webinar – Transfer Pricing in 2021
She has previously worked in other international law firms in the US and UK and in a Big 4 accounting firm, most recently as an Associate Partner.