Robin TheunsSenior Associate
Robin Theuns advises clients on Dutch and international tax aspects relating to international tax planning, M&A, corporate restructurings, private equity and investment fund transactions.
He assists clients in managing tax-related projects and transactions, as well as in obtaining Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) / Advance Tax Rulings (ATRs). Clients include large multinational enterprises, financial institutions and private equity funds.
Robin was seconded to DLA Piper’s New York office, where he joined the US tax group, and also to DLA Piper’s Luxembourg office, where he was part of the private equity and investment fund group.
- Leiden University, LLM, Tax Law, 2013
- Dutch government publishes new decree on international tax ruling practice, 2 May 2019
- Netherlands overhauls International Tax Ruling Practice, 8 January 2019
- Netherlands publishes tax ‘blacklist’ for CFC rules, 8 January 2019
- Netherlands reverses plan to abolish dividend withholding tax, offers new proposals to attract MNEs, 23 October 2018
- The new Dutch transfer pricing guidance, what has changed?, 16 May 2018
Before joining DLA Piper, Robin used to work for a well-known Dutch law firm as an international tax lawyer. He was seconded to the Zürich office, where he was part of the international tax services and tax-controversy team.
My latest insights
Growing data center market in the Netherlands: What are some tax considerations?
28 April 2022 .9 minute read