Amelia WhiteLegal Director
Amelia is an experienced Dispute Resolution and Investigations lawyer, with over ten years’ experience advising on high value, complex, multi-jurisdictional cases.
Amelia has advised financial institutions, professional services firms, energy and commodities companies, as well as individuals, on a wide variety of contentious commercial matters.
Amelia has represented clients in LCIA arbitrations, litigation in the High Court of England and Wales and litigation in the Competition Appeals Tribunal in the UK.
Amelia joined DLA Piper’s Abu Dhabi office in April 2022.
- Advising a European bank on a c.EUR200bn money laundering investigation.
- Acting for Mr Jóhannsson, former member of Kaupthing Bank ehf's Resolution Committee, in respect of proceedings brought in the English High Court by Robert Tchenguiz for unlawful means conspiracy in respect of the Serious Fraud Office’s investigation into Mr Tchenguiz and his brother, Vincent.
- Acting for a Japanese manufacturer of ball bearings used in the automotive industry in defence of a follow-on damages claim brought in the Competition Appeals Tribunal.
- Advising a Moroccan aluminium company in respect of a multimillion pound banking fraud.
- Acting for the Claimant in a London seated LCIA arbitration concerning the construction of an oil facility in the Middle East.
- Acting for the Defendant companies in a High Court claim involving international torts and issues of parent company liability.
- Advising the liquidators of several of the Saad Group companies on the contentious aspects of the respective liquidations.
- Advising a private equity house in respect of a warranty claim under an SPA.
- Acting for the administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) on several aspects of the administrations.
- Advising News Group Newspapers on the UK’s phone hacking scandal.
- College of Law London, LLB, 2008
- College of Law London, Legal Practice Course, 2008
- College of Law London, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2007
London School of Economics and Political Science, Masters, History of International Relations, 2006
University College London, B.A. (Hons), History, 2005
- Amelia trained and qualified at a Magic Circle firm in London.
- Amelia has significant in-house experience within first rate financial institutions.
- Amelia regularly advises on Pro Bono projects, and has been involved with Amicus, Lawyers without Borders, and the United for Ukraine Association.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales since 2011.
- Higher Rights of Audience in the (Civil) High Courts of England and Wales awarded in 2014.