Payments Forum Webinar - Crypto in the Payments Sector
26 January 2023 9-10am GMT
The next two-part Payments Forum will look at how crypto and digital assets are affecting payments, both now and in the future.
The first virtual session will offer a closer look at the evolutionary edge of digital assets and cryptocurrencies with a focus on current developments in the global payment services sector and the opportunities and risks for both payment service providers and retailers.
We are bringing together a panel of our international Digital Assets and Payments lawyers (across specialisms including finance, banking, regulatory, technology, disputes and data) to consider:
What do we mean by digital assets in payment services?
- Overview of types of digital assets (they are more than just cryptocurrencies)
- Why we need to think about digital assets in the context of payments.
- Introduction of TOKO, its use cases and collaborations. What is the regulatory landscape and status on digital assets?
- Regulatory approaches observed in APAC, Middle East and Europe
Payments / key issues
- Trends we have seen in the payments sector and how they have changed over time.
- Payments in / payments out of crypto – considerations for payments firms.
- Why payments fail and room for improvement.
The second session will follow later this year and will be focused on managing risk in the crypto network, including onboarding and offboarding, consumer and data protection issues and the common issues that give rise to disputes.