Iain Elder has over 25 years advising on the development, financing, acquisition and disposal of energy projects across the full value chain in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He has advised a wide range of governments, sponsors and lenders on energy projects in the MENA region.
Iain has been based in Singapore and Abu Dhabi previously.
- Advised Sasol on its LNG import arrangements into South Africa through a FSRU to be located offshore Mozambique.*
- Advised Sonagas in connection with the development of Angolan LNG.*
- Advised Golar Power on the development of the 1500 MW Porto de Sergipe LNG to power project in Brazil.*
- Advised Mubadala in connection with a bid to acquire Hunt Oil’s interest in Yemen LNG.*
- Advised Neom Green Hydrogen Company on the development of a 1.2 mtpa green ammonia export project in Saudi Arabia.*
- Advised Hive Energy on its development and financing of a 900,000 tpa green ammonia export project in South Africa.*
- Advised Enel on the construction arrangements for a solar power green hydrogen project in Texas.*
- Advised Masdar on the development and financing of the first solar IPP in Azerbaijan.*
- Advised the sponsors on the development and financing of a USD4bn 60,000 bpd greenfield oil refinery in Uganda.*
- Advised The Dow Chemical Company on its investment in an acrylic acid project in Saudi Arabia.*
- Advised Infinity Power on the development and financing of a wind project in the Gulf of Suez, Egypt.*
- Advised Masdar/ Bee’ah on the development and financing of the first waste to energy project in the UAE. Middle East and Africa Clean Deal of the Year – PFI Awards 2018 and MENA Waste Deal of the Year – IJ Global 2018.*
*Denotes experience from previous firms
- Chambers and Partners 2022 – Projects (UK-wide) Band 3 – ranked for 2022, 2021 and 2020