David has been a process improvement specialist for over 8 years and has experience leading transformational change. He has embedded both Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies as a senior manager in a service sector environment. That includes leading client-facing process improvement initiatives that have achieved £1mn+ of tangible benefit through the introduction of innovative working methods and technologies.
He is very keen to work with clients with developing and implementing continuous improvement projects as part of the wider legal services that we offer to DLA Piper.
- Designing, Developing & Delivering bespoke solutions Leading a team of process improvement leads and analysts who have build online portals for lease automation; contract management and review; MI/data reporting; enhanced due diligence and M&A processes; and e-Disclosure matters
- Rapid-improvement Workshops – Designed and delivered WIN: Process Improvement workshops for 15 key clients that disseminated how to conduct process/continuous improvement in-house, what project areas to look at, and the trends in the process and tech space
- Efficiency & Process optimization – David and his team have led on initiatives that bring together our Legal Delivery Centre, legal technology, process re-engineering, and resourcing together to deliver over £3mn worth of value-add and chargeable transactions over a 4 year period at DLA Piper International
- Training – As a team we deliver white, yellow, green and black belt training in Lean Six Sigma. We’ve designed bespoke material for in-house teams and clients, led on training sessions for FTSE organizations that includes process mapping, streamlining legal process, efficiency, how to run DMAIC or PDCA projects and constructing playbooks and guidance notes
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- McMaster University, MA (Hons) English Literature
- McMaster University, BA (Hons)
Memberships And Affiliations
- BQF Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Lean Leader; World Class Manufacturing Champion
- British Quality Foundation
- Member Nominated Director, DLA Piper Pension Scheme