Martin Penn has extensive experience advising on equity capital markets transactions including initial public offerings, secondary equity offerings as well as other transactions under the Listing Rules or AIM Rules.
Martin also advises on public takeovers, corporate governance matters and securities regulations. Martin has particular experience working with clients in the technology and life sciences sectors.
- Advising Learning Technologies Group plc on its GBP85 million placing to part-fund the acquisition of GP Strategies.
- Advising John Menzies plc on its GBP22 million placing on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising LSL Property Services plc on its class 1 shareholder approval of its joint venture with Pollen Street Capital.
- Advising Mothercare plc on its delisting from the London Stock Exchange and migration to AIM.
- Advising PureTech Health plc on the class 1 shareholder approval of the proposed USD100 million disposal of its shareholding in Karuna Therapeutics, Inc.
- Advising Hyve Group plc on its GBP126.6 million rights issue on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Learning Technologies Group plc on its GBP81 million placing on AIM to raise additional funding for future growth.
- Advising Aptitude Software Group plc on its GBP51.4 million class 1 disposal of Microgen Financial Systems Limited and associated return of value to shareholders by way of a B Share Scheme.
- Advising Allied Minds plc on its USD65.6 million class 1 disposal of HawkEye 360, Inc. and associated return of value to shareholders by way of special dividend.
- Advising Mothercare plc on its placing and open offer, raising GBP32.5 million through an issue of new shares listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising John Menzies plc on the acquisition of Aircraft Service International Group for USD202 million from BBA Aviation, a class 1 acquisition which was part funded by way of a GBP75 million rights issue.
- College of Law, LPC, 1998
- University of Mannheim, LLM, 1997
- University of Durham, LLB, 1996
University of Leipzig, 1995
- Clients say: “Martin Penn has a deep sector expertise that we depend on hugely. His delivery capability is exceptional and his support on unusual and technical legal elements has been invaluable.’” – Client Testimonial, Legal 500 2020
- Ranked as “Next Generation Partner” by Legal 500 2019/2020 for Equity Capital Markets
- Recommended in Legal 500 for Equity Capital Markets – Mid-High Cap and Equity Capital Markets – Low-Mid Cap
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises YouGov on the acquisition of GfK's consumer panel business
13 July 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advise Canaccord Genuity on Summerway Capital Plc's AIM listing
27 March 2022 .8 minute read