Michaël Heene practices in the field of corporate law, with a particular focus on cross-border public and private M&A, private equity, corporate venture capital, venture capital and equity capital markets.
His clients include financial institutions, corporates and private equity funds. He is Co-Head of the Financial Services M&A group at DLA Piper International.
- Advising a leading Belgian financial institution on the sale of its in-house IT department to a global IT outsourcing company, the set-up of an asset management joint venture with a global asset manager and a strategic partnership with a leading Belgian telecom company
- Advising a leading Belgian financial institution on the sale of a banking subsidiary, the sale of an insurance company, the acquisition of a leading bank in Bulgaria, the set-up of a blockchain consortium with nine other banks, the incorporation of a payments joint venture with five other BeNe banks, two corporate venture investment and the potential investment in a payments business
- Advising a Chinese investment company on the acquisition of a leading Luxembourg bank
- Advising a Dutch private equity fund on its investment in the Belgian leader in port fumigation services and the add-on acquisition of the Dutch leader in port fumigation services
- Advising a US private equity fund on its investment in various soccer clubs in Belgium, France and Denmark
- Advising a multinational in outdoor lighting on its acquisition of two businesses in Australia
- Advising the shareholders of a European leader in salesforce implementation services on the sale of the company to a global leader in IT services
- KU Leuven, Postgraduate Degree in Corporate Finance, Magna Cum Laude, 2011
- Université Paris 1 - Panthéon - La Sorbonne - LL.M. de droit européen et de droit français, 2005
- Ghent University, Master in Laws, Magna Cum Laude, 2004
Michael Heene is ranked as a next generation partner in The Legal 500 for Corporate, M&A and Commercial in Private Equity and he is a ranked Fintech lawyer.
- "Michael Heene offers a fresh wind at DLA Piper in Belgium; he is young, eager to deliver and perform." Legal 500, 2020
- "Michaël Heene is an outstanding lawyer that operates with a rare deal-making attitude. He represents his clients well and with his can-do mentality he quickly gains the trust of all parties involved." Legal 500, 2020
- "Michaël Heene is a young and dynamic partner with ability to deliver this approach to private equity clients." Legal 500, 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
20 December 2022 .4 minute read