Mathias Berggren heads the firm's private equity group. He works with M&A, private equity and venture capital, with particular focus on technology, media and life sciences.
Mathias concentrates on structuring and negotiating domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, venture and growth capital investments and restructurings. His clients are mainly medium-sized venture capital and private equity funds as well as entrepreneurial driven companies and leading media conglomerates.
- Regularly advising private equity firm Storskogen Invest on their acquisitions
- Advising the founders on the sale of 100% of all shares in DevCode Payment to Nordic Capital's portfolio company Bambora Group
- Advising the sellers of Cremab Isolering in the sale of 100% of the shares to Evolver Investment Group
- Advising Readly in connection with their equity financing of 130 million SEK from Zouk Capital, Hermes GPE, Channel 4s Commercial Growth Fund, Aggregate Media and certain existing shareholders
- Advising Balderton Capital on their US$ 2 million investment in Furhat Robotics
- Advising Croda Europe Ltd on their acquisition of Enza Biotech
- Advising Tempest Security on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Falck Security
- Advising the sellers (including Rite Internet Ventures and Verkkokauppa OY) on the sale of 100% of the shares in Vitvaruexperten.com to Bygghemma
- Advising Bonnier Growth Media on their investment in Natural Cykles. The round was led by EQT Ventures and also included existing investors Sunstone Capital and e-Ventures
- Advising the healthtech company Doctrin on their capital raise of more than 100 million SEK from, inter alia, Capio, HealtCap, Inbox Capital and the Norrsken Foundation
- University of Uppsala, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 1999
- Chambers 2018 - Band 4 Corporate/M&A: "Mathias Berggren has a strong reputation for advising clients on cross-border M&A and sources particularly reference his experience on transactions in the media sector."
- Chambers 2018 - Band 3 TMT/Media: "Mathias Berggren is valued by clients for his "strategic knowledge" relating to the media sector as well as his ability to "find simple solutions to complex problems." He advises a range of clients in the television, film and publishing industries on data privacy, licensing agreements and corporate matters."
Memberships And Affiliations
- Swedish Bar Association since 2004