Eric Lee is a telecom engineer with extensive experiences in federal spectrum management and at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
After more than 7 years spent between the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Eric joins DLA Piper to help clients with his substantial knowledge of the federal regulations and spectrum-dependent equities. He thrives on the challenges of achieving consensus in bilateral and multilateral setting and solving complex spectrum-sharing scenarios. To that end, he has represented federal agencies at multiple domestic and international fora and served as the U.S. head of delegation for the ITU – Radiocommunication (ITU-R) Working Party 5B.
- Terrestrial Team Lead for the International Spectrum Policy Division, Office of Spectrum Management at the NTIA
- Convener for the federal U.S.-Mexico and U.S-Canada cross-border coordination groups
- U.S. civil representative to the NATO Spectrum Capability Panel and World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) Team.
- International Team Lead for the Strategic Planning Office of the Defense Spectrum Organization at the DoD
- Steering Member of the International Permanent Working Group under the Military Command, Control, Communications, and Computer Executive Board Frequency Panel
- U.S. Spokesperson at the ITU-R and WRC
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- M.Eng., Cornell University, 2007
- B.S., Cornell University, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- Panelist – UAS Spectrum Summit 2021
- Member of U.S. Core Delegation – WRC-19