Dario Westarp advises companies, business associations and public authorities from various sectors on all aspects of public commercial law. The focus of his work is on environmental law, subsidies and European state aid law and product law. His activities include both ongoing advice and representation vis-à-vis authorities and the conduct of legal proceedings.
- Advising various international clients on product law issues, in particular labelling, safety and packaging law as well as EU law.
- Advising various clients on international M&A transactions with regard to public law, in particular environmental law and foreign trade law.
- Advising various clients in court proceedings concerning EU state aid law.
- Advising various clients on questions of general and special administrative law.
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne, Second State Examination, 2020
- University of Bonn, First State Examination, 2016
- Stay abroad at Arhus University (Denmark), 2012/2013
- Before joining DLA Piper, Dario Westarp worked as a lawyer in a German commercial law firm.
- During his legal clerkship, Dario Westarp worked for the German Consulate General in Hong Kong and for an international bank in Düsseldorf.
- Prior to this, he worked for several years as a research assistant for a major international law firm.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Rosen on sale of majority stake to Partners Group
28 November 2023 .3 minute read
grEEn-campus Project: DLA Piper advises Stellantis/Opel on Project with VGP
22 November 2023 .2 minute read