DLA Piper announces new Latin American practice leadership
DLA Piper is pleased to announce several changes to its Latin American practice leadership in its Finance, Litigation and Arbitration, Real Estate and Restructuring practices, as well as several changes to leadership in sectors and special projects for PPP/Infrastructure, Financial Services and Financial Technology, Emerging Growth and Venture Capital, Insurance, Energy and Natural Resources and its newest sector Media, Sport, Gaming and Entertainment. The changes include:
- M&A is co-led by Fabiano Gallo (Brazil) and Felipe Quintero Serrano (Colombia).
- Capital Markets is co-led by Roberto Vianna de la Rosa (Brazil) and Marcel Etchebarne (Argentina).
- Juan Manuel de la Rosa (Colombia) and Luis Vargas (Peru) are co-leaders of the Private Equity practice group.
- Ana Teresa Barreto (Peru) and Paula Mena Barreto Pinheiro (Brazil) are co-leaders of the IPT practice group.
- Edgar Romo (Mexico) was named co-leader of the Finance practice group alongside incumbent co-leader Margarita Oliva (Argentina).
- Andres Gonzalez Becerra (Colombia) and Alex Jorge (Brazil) are co-leaders of the Tax practice group.
Litigation and Arbitration
- Gabriela Alvarez Avila (Mexico) and Carlos Nuñez (Peru) were named co-leaders of the Litigation and Arbitration practice group.
- Hernán Velarde (Peru) and Rafael Jordão Bussiére* (Brazil) were named co-leaders of the Real Estate practice group.
- Justo Segura (Argentina) and Nicolás Polanía Tello (Colombia) were named co-leaders of the Restructuring practice group.
Sectors and Special Projects
- Marcel Etchebarne (Argentina) leads Asia.
- Jose Miguel Mendoza (Colombia) and Marco Salgado (Chile) are co-leaders of ESG.
- Olga Lucía Ramírez (Colombia) and Roberto Rios (Mexico) were named leaders of PPP/Infrastructure alongside incumbent leader Miriam Figueroa (Puerto Rico).
- Sergio Barboza (Peru) was named co-leader of Financial Service and Financial Technology alongside incumbent co-leader José Sosa-Lloréns (Puerto Rico).
- Jorge Timmermann (Chile) was named co-leader of Emerging Growth and Venture Capital alongside incumbent co-leader Antonio Arias (Argentina).
- Sergio Rojas (Colombia) was named co-leader of Insurance alongside incumbent co-leader Marcella Hill* (Brazil).
- Jorge Córdova (Peru) was named co-leader of Energy and Natural Resources alongside incumbent co-leader Diego Peña (Chile).
- Ariel Portnoy (Argentina) and Jorge Gallo* (Brazil) were named co-leaders of the new Media, Sport, Gaming and Entertainment sector.
“We extend our thanks to the outgoing leaders for their service and to the incumbent leaders who will continue to lead these practices. We are also excited to welcome the new leaders to the table and look forward to their contributions,” said Rick Chesley, managing partner of the Americas.
“This talented group provides a wealth of knowledge that will be instrumental in helping our clients achieve their goals across geographies, sectors and practices. We look forward to supporting their efforts as they embark on their leadership efforts,” added Chesley.
DLA Piper Latin America's team offers full-service business legal counsel to domestic and multinational companies with interests in and operations throughout the region. Our integrated approach to serving clients combines local knowledge with the resources of the DLA Piper global platform. With over 400 lawyers practicing throughout Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico, our teams frequently work with our professionals throughout the LatAm region, Iberian Peninsula, and around the globe to ensure our clients receive the depth of service they require to meet their legal and business objectives.
*Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper.