Eagul Faigen focuses on property law. He has extensive experience advising on large-scale capital transactions, real estate developments and complex high end leasing transactions for public and private sector clients including REITs, major banks, corporates, retailers and developers.
Eagul's experience spans a diverse range of asset classes and sectors, from commercial, retail and industrial to agricultural and primary production, airport, tourism, liquor licensing and tertiary education. He regularly advises on the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of commercial property documentation, including heads of agreements, option agreements, contracts of sale, development agreements, off the plan contracts of sale, joint ventures and commercial, retail and industrial leases.
Having worked in other practice areas throughout his career, including mergers and acquisitions, managed investment schemes, corporate compliance, banking and finance and insolvency, Eagul has gained a strong understanding of the broader issues as they relate to property transactions. This ensures he provides his clients with solution-oriented, commercially focused advice that looks beyond the legal issues.
- Acting for one of Western Australia's largest property developers, in relation to the establishment of joint venture arrangements for the acquisition and development of land, specifically high rise residential and mixed use developments, as well as general advisory work and the preparation of strata pre-sale contracts, to date, totalling in excess of AU$1billion in developed value
- Acting for one of Western Australia's largest property developers on the sale of the Gateway Building in Victoria Park in Perth for AU$72.8 million
- Acting for a global fast food chain in relation to their Western Australian real estate portfolio, including the acquisition of ground lease sites and freehold sites
- Acting for the Receivers and Managers on legacy real estate issues concerning existing leasing pre-commitments, completion of leasing arrangements, and related real estate advice in relation to the "Raine Square" development in Perth, valued at AU$450 million
- Acting for an investment bank on their joint venture acquisition, development, leasing and subsequent on market sale of "Optima Centre" in Osborne Park, Perth for AU$120 million
- Acting for a Singaporean private equity group on the due diligence, FIRB approvals and subsequent acquisitions of the Phoenix Park Shopping Centre, Spearwood and Altone Park Shopping Centre
- Acting for an A-REIT on the due diligence and acquisitions of 109 St Georges Terrace, Perth and 123 Kewdale Road in Kewdale for AU$65 million and AU$31 million respectively
- Acting for an ASX listed property group in relation to the acquisition of holiday parks and resorts around Australia, including Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort in Western Australia
- Acting for an American multinational conglomerate corporation on its consolidation project for new Western Australian headquarters at Jandakot Airport including its complex leasing commitments to the Jandakot Airport Operator and ancillary option arrangements for approximately 37,000m of land
Eagul is currently ranked as one of Perth's leading Real Estate lawyers by the Australian Financial Review's Best Lawyers.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Property Council of Australia
- Law Society of Western Australia
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Solar United Network on project financing of the Merredin solar farm
6 December 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Solar United Network on acquisition of largest operating solar farm in...
19 October 2022 .2 minute read