Intellectual Property in Asia: Recent Developments and Emerging Trends
17 October 2023, 18:00 – 19:15
DLA Piper Hong Kong
25th Floor, Three Exchange Square
8 Connaught Place, Central
Asia, the world’s fastest-growing region, has never slowed down in refining its intellectual property systems to foster innovation, attract investment, and tackle new challenges under technological revolutions.
The DLA Piper Intellectual Property group invites you to join us for an in-person seminar, where we will explore the latest developments and trends in Asia’s rapidly evolving IP landscape and share our insights, case studies and practical guides for international businesses to stay ahead of the curve.
During the event, we will cover:
- China - the Draft Fifth Amendment to the Trademark Law;
- Japan – the copyright exception for AI training data;
- Singapore – a case update on slogan marks;
- Thailand – the introduction of fast-track examination of trademark and patent applications;
- Vietnam – the new grounds for patent invalidation and other key changes in the Amended IP Law; and
- Myanmar – the full implementation of the long-awaited Trademark Law.
This seminar will be hosted by Edward Chatterton, Partner, Co-Head of Intellectual Property & Technology Practice, Asia, and Elizabeth Wong, Partner, IPT Practice, Asia.
Hong Kong qualified lawyers are eligible to receive 1 CPD point for this seminar, subject to approval from the Law Society of Hong Kong.
For more information, please contact Olaide Ogungbesan.