Casper Hamersma is involved in all aspects of corporate law with a special focus on M&A and private equity related transactions. He has been involved in a large number of complex cross-border transactions for domestic and overseas clients.
Selected M&A experience
- The Carlyle Group on various acquisition and disposals in the Netherlands, such as Expereo, the HSO Group and the Dept Group.
- A major British retail bank and Rabo Investments on the auction sale of Inve Aqua, a global manufacturer of nutrition and health products for aquaculture, to Benchmark Holdings Plc., a UK-listed company.
- The shareholders of Ploeger Oxbo Group, a global harvesting equipment company, in the partial sale of the Ploeger Oxbo Group to NPM Capital and the reinvestment by the existing shareholders alongside NPM Capital as a 40% minority shareholder.
- A major British retail bank and Rabo Investments in the auction sale of Nutriad, a global feed additives producer, to Adisseo, one of the world’s leading experts in feed additives and part of ChemChina.
- ACT Commodities Group, an global energy commodity trader, in the disposal of a minority interest to Three Hills Capital Partners.
- China Eastern Airlines on the acquisition of a 10% stake in Air France-KLM.
- Danaher Corporation, a US-listed company, on the acquisition, in a competitive auction process, of the business and activities of Kipp & Zonen from Nordian Capital Partners.
- University of Amsterdam, European and International Tax Law, 2014
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Law and Accounting, 2003
- Grotius Academy, Securities law, 1999
VU University of Amsterdam, Corporate and civil law, 1997
Awards and Recognitions
- Casper Hamersma is consistently ranked in Legal 500 legal directory. He has been ranked in Legal 500 EMEA 2020 for remaining "fully engaged as the lead partner while leading a very strong team of partners and associates from the Amsterdam office of DLA Piper as well as offices in other countries whenever appropriate to involve them in the transaction for local or specialised work".
- Casper Hamersma was based in London from 2001 to 2004 and worked for the London offices of a multinational law firm in the M&A-group.