Member of the International Executive Committee
Stéphane Lemarchand has over 20 years’ experience of helping multinational and domestic companies with strategic digital transformation and IT projects, and a broad range of IT litigation matters.
He is highly regarded for his deep experience in and understanding of the technology industry, and is recognized as a dealmaker for major IT and digital-related transactions, including outsourcing.
Stéphane’s clients include market-leading technology and digital service providers, and large end-user companies. He has recently worked with clients in the manufacturing, aviation and consumer goods sectors.
Recent examples of Stéphane’s work include advising a French multinational company on the design and implementation of its strategy for the global deployment of a cloud-based collaborative tool, and assisting a world-leading cosmetics company with its most transformative IT project to date, which resulted in the global implementation of a new single, cloud-based ERP system.
Prior to his current roles, Stéphane was Global Co-Chair of DLA Piper’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group for seven years.
Beyond providing legal advice, Stéphane is passionate about fully immersing himself in each client’s business purpose and getting to the heart of what success means for them in order to achieve the very best outcomes.
- Advising a French multinational company on the design and implementation of its strategy for the global deployment of a cloud-based collaborative tool
- Assisting a world leader in the cosmetics sector with its most transformative IT project to date; this resulted, most notably, in the global implementation of a new single, cloud-based ERP system
- Helping a world leader in the luxury goods sector with the negotiation of several group IT contracts; this included the definition of the multinational corporation’s strategy for the use of e-signatures, enabling the company to implement electronic signature services at three levels: simple, advanced and/or qualified
- University of Paris XI Paris Sud Postgraduate degree (DESS) in new technologies
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas Postgraduate degree (DESS) in intellectual property
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers Europe – Band 1 – TMT: Information Technology – 2023
- Named in Top 40 Lawyers of the CAC 40, Forbes France 2022
- Top ranked Band 1 lawyer, TMT: Information Technology, France, Chambers Europe, since 2014
- Leading individual, Industry Focus: IT and Internet, France, The Legal 500 EMEA, since 2014
- Best Lawyers - Technology Law – Lawyer of the year - 2024
- Best Lawyers – Information Technogy Law; Intellectual Property Law; Outsourcing; Technology Law – 2010-2024
- Recommended lawyer, Aviation, France, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- TMT practice ranked Band 1 in France, Chambers Europe, since 2018
- Acritas Star™ Lawyer, 2017-20
Publications and media
- Digital Guide: industry-specific analyses of artificial intelligence, 27 January 2023
- « Le Guide 3 du Numérique analyse sectorielle de l’intelligence artificielle », 6 October 2022
- European Commission publishes two proposals for a liability directive for artificial intelligence-based products, 3 October 2022
- Embrace the Future: How Technology is Transforming Legal Practice