Ilkka Liljeroos focuses on M&A and company law with a strong focus on cross-border and private equity transactions. During his career, he has advised numerous Finnish and international corporations and private equity investors in complex acquisitions, divestments and related shareholders’ and joint venture agreements.
Ilkka also has extensive experience of a wide variety of finance work, including syndicated loans, acquisition finance, real estate finance, trade finance and ECA finance. He regularly advises clients on derivatives and financial regulatory matters.
- King’s College London, LL.M., 2005
- University of Helsinki, Master of Laws, 2002
- University of Leicester, Legal studies, 2001
- Endorsed in Legal 500 EMEA 2017 - “combines superb legal advice with strong business acumen”
- Endorsed in IFLR 1000, 2015, 2017
- "Private mergers and acquisitions in Finland: market analysis overview", Thomson Reuters Practical Law, March 2017
- 2015 to 2016, Partner, Finnish law firm
- 2011 to 2015, Counsel, Senior Associate, Finnish law firm
- 2008 to 2011, Finance Legal Counsel, Nokia Siemens Networks Oy
- 2005 to 2006, Visiting Lawyer, international law firm, London
- 2000 to 2008 Trainee, Associate and Senior Associate, Finnish law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Finnish Bar Association