David Ryan advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, and equity capital markets transactions, reconstructions and recapitalisations, as well as public company and securities law.
He has extensive experience in regulated and unregulated takeovers, schemes of arrangement, debt and equity raisings, ASX listings, share buy backs, foreign investment, employee incentive schemes and company law and governance matters.
His work also covers distressed mergers & acquisition and reconstruction transactions.
- Advising US eCommerce company Zebit, Inc. (ASX: ZBT) on its initial public offering and listing on the ASX.
- Advising US tech company Life360 on its AUD820 million IPO and ASX listing – one of the largest tech debuts on the ASX ever in Australia.
- Advising HCL Technologies Limited (HCL Technologies) on its AUD162 million acquisition of 100% of the shares in DWS Limited (DWS) by scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited (ASX: SOL) on its AUD225 million convertible notes offering.
- Advising Nickel Mines Limited (ASX: NIC) on its AUD364 million, fully underwritten accelerated pro-rata non-renounceable entitlement offer; and on its AUD231 million, fully underwritten 1 for 3.6 accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer.
- Advising ASX 200 technology company Nearmap Ltd (ASX: NEA) on its underwritten AUD72.1 million institutional placement and its non-underwritten Share Purchase Plan.
- Advising oOh!media’s largest shareholder, US investment management firm HMI Capital, LLC (HMI Capital) on its support for oOh!media’s AUD167 million fully underwritten entitlement offer and institutional placement.
- Advising Webjet Limited (ASX: WEB) on its AUD346 million equity raising; and on its EUR100 million (approximately AUD163 million) convertible notes offering.
- Advising ASX-listed US fintech company Credible Labs Inc. (ASX: CRD) on its AUD585 million merger with NASDAQ listed Fox Corporation.
- Advising Webjet Limited on its USD173 million purchase of UAE based Destinations of the World and related fully underwritten entitlement offer.
- Advising Nickel Mines Limited (NIC) on its AUD200 million initial public offering.
- Best Lawyers ranked for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law and Corporate / Governance Practice, 2014–2021
- Legal500 Asia-Pacific recognises David as a Recommended Practitioner for Capital Markets, 2021
- Legal500 Asia-Pacific recognises David as a Recommended Practitioner for Corporate M&A, 2021
- Chambers Asia-Pacific lists David as a Leading Lawyer for Corporate/M&A, 2021
- Chambers Asia-Pacific lists David as Notable Practitioner for Capital Markets: Equity, 2021
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 recognises David as "a no-nonsense lawyer who gives strategic, concise and highly commercial legal advice"
- IFLR1000 lists David as Highly Regarded in Capital Markets: Equity
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises PlayUp on its de-SPAC business combination with NASDAQ-listed SPAC
3 October 2022 .3 minute read