Michał BanasiakSenior Associate
Michał Banasiak focuses on commercial companies law, and in particular in mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. He also has extensive experience in advising on corporate and civil law matters as well as in carrying out due diligence reviews (e.g. in the banking and finance, food, real estate, energy and retail sectors). In addition, Michał supports clients in the drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements.
With reference to mergers and acquisitions, Michał's comprehensive advisory services include structuring transactions, conducting due diligence reviews, preparing legal reports, drafting and negotiating agreements and other transactional documentation, coordinating cooperation and negotiations with investment banks, investment consultants, insurance brokers and other parties, as well as drafting corporate documentation of companies for the purpose of the transactions and for the purpose of post-transactional integration within capital groups.
- Advising a British strategic investor on the preparation of the sale of a major Polish chain of retail supermarkets.*
- Advising a company engaged in the sale of isotonic beverages and functional and dietetic food products, which is a portfolio company of a private equity fund, on the purchase of 100% of the shares in a company that sells products under its own brands and is a leader on the Polish market for rice, groats, crispbread and rice waffles.*
- Advising a Singapore investment fund on the purchase of 100% of the shares in companies owning office buildings in Warsaw with a total office area of 68,500 sq. m.
- Advising a private equity fund on the preparation of a share sale transaction regarding the shares in a company that is a leader in the production and sale of dried fruit and nuts and that also operates in other food production segments.*
- Advising a private equity fund on the purchase of shares in a company involved in the sale of isotonic beverages and functional and dietetic food products.*
- Advising a Singapore investment fund on the purchase of a portfolio of warehouse buildings in the United States, Poland, France and Hungary from a strategic investor.*
*experience gained before joining DLA Piper
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2016
- May 2021 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- May 2019 - April 2021, Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- September 2017 - April 2019, Associate, international law firm, Warsaw
- May 2016 - August 2017, Associate, international law firm, Warsaw
- October 2015 - April 2016, Intern, international law firm, Warsaw
- July 2015 - September 2015, Intern, international law firm, Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations
- Trainee, Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Enterprise Investors on its investment in Renters.pl
9 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Enterprise Investors on its investment in Ekoenergetyka-Polska
14 January 2022 .3 minute read