Dr Beatrice BrunnCounsel
Dr Beatrice Brunn focuses on intellectual property law (e.g. unfair competition (passing off) and advertising law) and distribution law. Within these areas of law she litigates disputes from start to finish at the civil courts, drafts contracts and advises clients with respect to marketing and distribution measures as well as the launch of new products.
Her client list includes leading national and international companies of the online, e-commerce, advertising and media industry (e.g. publishers, broadcasting and direct marketing companies) as well as the mail order industry.
- Advice and representation of a pharmacy customer magazine publisher with respect to mass warning letters addressed to their subscribers.
- Advice and representation of a leading European magazine publisher in extensive disputes with some of their sales agents concerning their remuneration.
- Advice and representation of one of Germanys leading advertising sales companies with respect to the marketing of advertising space on the internet.
- Advice and representation of a leading online dating service in diverse unfair competition disputes (e.g. concerning market leader claims) with its major competitors.
- Advice and representation of a shopping community in unfair competition disputes with a product manufacturer.
- Advice and representation of a leading European magazine publisher in all main matters of direct marketing (e.g. drafting of contracts, checking of marketing measures and representation in disputes).
- Advice of the German Direct Marketing Association with respect to dialogue marketing issues.
- Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Ph.D., 2007
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Second State Examination, 2006
- University of Mannheim/University of Adelaide, MCL, 2002
University of Hamburg, First State Examination, 2000
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for intellectual property: unfair competition
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for advertising law
- 'Similarity of core elements with respect to advertising violations', GRUR Prax 2015, 388
- 'Getting the Deal Through', Germany Advertising & Marketing 2015
- 'Making contact via XING can breach the German Law against unfair competition', GRUR-Prax 2012, 146
Prior to joining DLA Piper in 2015 Beatrice worked for two international law firms. Both with a very strong IP practice and each being consistently ranked as one of the best IP practices.
After her Master studies she worked as a research assistant at a chair of public, media and telecommunications law at the University of Hamburg.
Beatrice is a lecturer for unfair competition and advertising law at the Hamburg Media School and frequently delivers presentations on unfair competition and advertising law.
Memberships And Affiliations
- German Association for Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright
- DialogNatives, Board Member
My latest insights
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read