Jon HayesGlobal Co-Chair
Jon Hayes has over 30 years' experience of working on multijurisdictional matters, helping clients to achieve their strategic objectives.
He is a corporate partner with a broad range of experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, complex group reorganisations, equity capital markets and other corporate finance transactions, and other corporate advisory work.
Jon is a committed advocate for inclusion, diversity, belonging and wellbeing. He is a member of the firm's D&I Council, and a member of the Advisory Board of New Perimeter (the firm's pro bono affiliate).
Jon's experience includes advising:
- GE on multiple corporate reorganisations, in total involving 100+ jurisdictions and the coordination of c. 500 lawyers (comprising DLA Piper and local counsel), including reorganisations that preceded the disposal of GE Healthcare’s biopharma business to Danaher, part of GE's overseas Lighting business, and GE's spin-off and merger of its Transport business with WABTEC Corporation
- GE Renewable Energy on its acquisition of LM Wind Power for EUR1.5 billion
- A large global advanced technologies company on the reorganisation and merging of its global information systems
- Etihad Airways on the EUR1.76 billion restructuring of Alitalia, its extensive strategic alliance with India's Jet Airways and investment of USD600 million, its strategic partnership with Air Berlin and subsequent restructuring and financings, its acquisition of 49% of Air Serbia and other similar transactions
- GE Capital on disposals of a significant pan-European business, a European railcar leasing business, and portfolios of performing and non-performing loan portfolios
- A consortium comprising Cheung Kong Infrastructure, Hongkong Power and the Li Ka Shing Foundation on its GBP5.8 billion acquisition of EDF's UK electricity networks businesses
- Santander on EUR4.3 billion acquisitions in Poland
- London School of Economics, LLM (Hons)
- King's College London, LLB (Hons)
Awards and recognitions
- Named an LGBT+ Ally Executive Role Model, INvolve Outstanding Top 50 Role Model List 2022
- Named one of the 50 Most Influential Lawyers, Financial News 2022
- Ranked lawyer, International Business Reorganisations, London, Legal 500 UK 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lead sponsor of DLA Piper’s People Networks
- Member of DLA Piper Diversity & Inclusion Council
- Member of the Advisory Board of New Perimeter (DLA Piper’s pro bono affiliate)