Alejandro Noblía is the Head of the Structured Finance Group. He advises public and private sector clients, including sovereign entities, corporations, banks, financial trustees and financial organizations in capital markets, corporate finance, and debt restructuring.
Among other noteworthy transactions, he was responsible for designing, structuring, and documenting the very complex warranty trust related to the Stoneway Corporation US$ 500 million project financing (deal of the year in LatAm by Latin Finance) and its US$165 million follow on. He also advised the Province of Jujuy on its US$ 180 million green bond issuance for the financing of the largest solar project in South America. Recently, he advised EDELCOS in the mandatory offer to purchase Class B shares of Edenor S.A. (the largest electricity distribution company in Argentina) listed in the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange (2021) and in the exchange offer of securities of Edenor S.A. and the issuance of senior notes qualified as social bonds under the ICMA guidelines (2022).
On matters of energy law, he has participated in several biddings process and in the acquisition of blocks.
• Counsel to Edenor S.A. in the exchange offer of securities and the issuance of senior notes qualified as social bonds under the ICMA guidelines (2022).
• Counsel to Vicentin on its US$1.5 billion debt restructuring.
• Counsel to Stoneway Corporation in the structuring of the collateral related to US$ 500 million project financing (deal of the year in Latam by Latin Finance) and its US$165 million follow on.
• Counsel to the Province of Jujuy on its US$180 million green bond issuance for the financing of the largest solar project in South America – Cauchari – La Puna.
• Counsel to AUSUR S.A. in the PPP Program for the construction of Corredor Sur toll roads.
• Counsel to Enercana S.A. in the Parva Negra Oeste (Vaca Muerta) Oil and Gas Block bidding process.
• Counsel to Raiser S.A. in the US$120 million sale of the Oil and Gas Block Cruz de Lorena
• Counsel to Deutsche Bank on the US$1.35 million Argentine Republic senior debt restructuring under Financial Trusts Radar series 5 and Radar Series 6
• Counsel to US Bank Trust and First Trust of New York in the bond restructuring of Hidroelectrica Piedra del Aguila, Edenor S.A., Transportadora de Gas del Norte (TGN), Alto Paraná S.A., Aerolineas Argentinas, among others.
Graduate degree, Securities, School of Law of Universidad Católica Argentina, 2001
Graduate degree, Oil and Gas, School of Law of Universidad Católica Argentina, 2000
LL.M., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1998Law degree, Universidad de Buenos Aires Law School, 1996
- Chambers Latin America
2020 - Band 4, Argentina Banking & Finance
Chambers comments, "Alejandro Ezequiel Noblía is recognized for his experience advising Argentine provinces on credit facilities and debt issuances. A market insider considers him to be 'a very good lawyer.'" 2019 - Band 4, Argentina Banking & Finance
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2018, 2021, 2023, 2024 - Recommended, Argentina Banking & Finance
- Latin Lawyer 250
2023 - Key Partner, Capital Markets
2023 - International Counsel, Project Finance & Infrastructure
2024 - Key Partner, Capital Markets
2024 - International Counsel, Project Finance & Infrastructure
- IFLR 1000
2023 - Notable practitioner, Banking
Cabanellas Etchebarne Kelly -Former law firm that is now representing DLA Piper in Argentina (2003-2017)Important law firm in Argentina (1997-2003)
Participated as speaker in the forum “Investments, Structuring and Financing of Green and Sustainable Project” – Argentine Chamber of Corporations (June 2021).
Organizer of the event “Capital Markets Day 2022” Alvear Hotel, November 2022.
He was also part of the panel “Green Bonds, Social Bonds. The LatAm Perspective”.
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
DLA Piper Argentina advises Edenor on the issuance of US$30 million Class 2 Notes
17 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Argentina advises Edenor on the exchange offer of Class 9 notes
9 November 2022 .2 minute read