Maciej Rafałowski specialises in real estate law.
He advises clients on all stages of real estate transactions, carrying out due diligence reviews, drafting transaction documents and providing post-transactional support, both in asset and share deals, especially regarding investments in office and logistic real properties.
He supports banks in financing processes (conducting legal reviews of real properties) and has significant experience in the negotiations of office, commercial, and warehouse lease agreements.
Maciej also has experience in commercial dispute resolution and in providing support for M&A projects.
- Advising Stena Fastigheter, a leading Swedish real estate company, on the acquisition (asset deal) of an office building in Warsaw (value: EUR70m).
- Advising a leading Polish e-commerce company in negotiations of over 25 lease agreements (total value: over EUR40m).
- Advising a Malaysian investor on an investment (share deal) in a logistics centre with an area of over 145,000.00 sq. m.
- Preparing numerous due diligence reports of real properties and advising on the real estate aspects of corporate due diligence reports, including for warehouse, residential, office, retail, and manufacturing real properties, together with a due diligence review of one of the largest Polish real estate developers, the total value of which exceeded PLN1.5bn.
- Advising the seller on the sale of an organised part of an enterprise in the logistics sector*.
- Advising the seller on the sale (share deal) of a leisure and hospitality resort in Warsaw (value: EUR40m) *.
- Providing pro-bono legal advice to an NGO regarding administrative procedures related to the funding of humanitarian relief in Northern Iraq*.
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2017
- May 2021 - present: Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- March 2020 - April 2021: Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- November 2018 - March 2020: Associate, Czabanski & Galuszynski Law Firm, Warsaw
- November 2017 - June 2018: Legal Intern, White & Case, Warsaw
- September 2016 - June 2017: Legal Intern, Jara Drapała & Partners Law Firm (JDP), Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations