Paulo Anjo LL.MHe/himSenior Associate
Paulo Anjo is a senior associate with more than 17 years of experience in Real Estate, who provides daily legal support to several real estate clients.
Paulo assists individuals and companies in a range of sectors including banking, construction, oil, energy and also assists in Angolan Real Estate matters.
Paulo practices with particular focus on real estate investments, real estate asset management, leasing, long and short-term lease, student accommodation, management and operation of condominiums, works contracts and acquisitions of shares in commercial companies, real estate development and planning, real estate investment funds, in both national and international transactions, among others. He also assists in Angolan Real Estate matters as of-counsel.
- Advising on due diligence and transaction of several companies and properties in the real estate sector
- Advising on due diligence and merger of two main oil companies in Portugal
- Advising on due diligence to a major foreign bank in Portugal for its transaction
- Advising on due diligence to posting services assets
- Advising on due diligence to security services company assets
- Advising on settling of a foreign oil company’s assets in Portugal
- Católica Lisbon School Global School of Law, Master of Laws - Law in a European and Global Context, 2012/2013
- ISEG – Bar Association – Confidencial Imobiliário (magazine) Partnership -Specialization Course in Real Estate Management, 2008
- Lisbon University, School of Law, Post-Graduation in Urban Lease Law, 2007
Lisbon University, School of Law, Degree in Law, 2004
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Real Estate
Paulo is the author of an Article for the Real Estate Magazine “Revista Confidencial Imobiliário” - “Alterações ao Regime Jurídico do Arrendamento Urbano, ao Regime da Renda Condicionada e Novo Regime do Arrendamento Apoiado” (March, 2015).
Paulo was co-author of an Article “Demographics And Portugal’s Real Estate Market (DLA’s Real Estate Gazette, Issue 28 – July, 2017)
Paulo was author of an Article “Operational real estate: the future of the sector in Portugal” (DLA’s Real Estate Gazette, Issue 37 – February 2020)
- 2016 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2008 - 2016, Associate, Lisbon based law firm
- 2006 - 2007, Junior Lawyer, Lisbon based law firms
- 2004 - 2006, Trainee lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association
- Paulo is also of-Counsel for real estate-related matters in the Angolan territory