Sarmad Haidar has an extensive experience in Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions transactions.
He also has a deep knowledge in the areas of restructurings, external growth transactions and setting up of investment agreements for management.
Sarmad mostly advises investment funds, industrial groups, listed and non-listed, and management teams.
He has expertise across a broad spectrum of industry sectors (Consumer Goods, IT, Renewable Energy and Infrastructure, Healthcare, Hotels & Leisure).
- Advised Vauban Infrastructure Partners in connection with the takeover of the Proxiserve Group.
- Advised Trace One (a portfolio company of funds managed by Symphony Technology Group) in connection with the acquisition of Selerant.
- Advised BrightEdge Technologies Inc. in connection with the acquisition of Cogniteev (Oncrawl software)
- Advised Hyundai Capital Services in connection with the launch of a joint venture (Hyundai Capital France) with CGI Finance (subsidiary of Société Générale).
- Advised Summa Private Equity and G-Con in connection with the acquisition of Plasteurop, a cleanroom manufacturer and installer.
- Advised the funds managed by Baillie Gifford and T.Rowe in connection with their investment in DNA Script.
- Advised the Oil & Gas Climate Change Initiative (OGCI) funds in connection with their investment in Metron.
- Advised the funds managed by Mérieux Equity Partner in connection with the creation of Theravia Pharma, the holding company of Addmedica and CTRS.
- Advised the funds managed by Mérieux Equity Partners in connection with their acquisition of a stake in the Janvier Labs group from the Janvier family.
- Advised Netwrix in connection with the acquisition of Usercube.
- Advised Green Spring Challenge in connection with the sale of the Marriott Arcueil hotel.
- Advised the funds managed by Symphony Technology Group in connection with the acquisition of Reputational Intelligence from Kantar.
- Advised Lactalis in connection with the acquisition of Jalna Group in Australia.
- Advised Mérieux Equity Partners in connection with its investment in the Serb group.
- Advised Lion Capital in connection with the refinancing of the DMC group.
- Advised Symphony Technology Group in connection with the acquisition of Sciforma, followed by the acquisition of One2Team.
- Graduate of ESCP-EAP school of management
- University of Paris XI –Jean Monnet, Master’s degree in Business Law
- Legal 500© – Private Equity: LBO – Tier 3 – 2023
- Leaders League© – “Leading”, PE Midcap - 2022
“Mr Haidar’s international experience is a huge asset for any cross-border deal”, Legal 500, 2023
- Article “Trends & Developments of the Private Equity market in France" – Private Equity 2022” (Chambers & Partners) (September 2022)
- Article: “Doing business in France” Thomson Reuters - Practical Law (2019-2022)
- IPEM 2022 (20, 21, 22 September 2022), 20 September 2022
- IPEM 2023 (23, 24, 25 January 2023), 23 January 2023
- Fair: International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, September 2022
- Conference : LBO Conference, Les Echos Capital Finance, October 2021
- Fair: International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, January 2019, 2020
- Conference: M&A Conference DLA Piper: October 2019
Before joining DLA Piper, in 2012, Sarmad worked as an associate in an London based international law firm in Paris and in a French boutique M&A firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Beirut Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises DoubleVerify on acquisition of French startup Scibids technology
26 September 2023 .4 minute read