Monica Georgiadis MAShe/herPartner
Monica Georgiadis is an employment lawyer, with over 21 years’ experience advising any type of complex employment matter – in Romania and in cross-border projects. Monica set up the employment practice in DLA Piper Romania more than 10 years ago and continues to actively develop it ever since, leading it year-on-year an exceptional employment team, unique in style, pragmatism, passion for law, humanity and optimism.
She is highly recommended by clients for her excellent strategic thinking in coordinating complex employment projects and generating best legal and pragmatic solutions, being constantly ranked in Chambers Europe and Legal500 as leading individual for many years.
Monica worked with a variety of clients and sectors and further consolidated remarkable knowledge and expertise in certain core sectors, including Technology, Life Sciences, Transport & Construction, Manufacturing and Financial Services.
She is also actively involved in know-how, training/mentoring and in pro-bono activities. She is a regular speaker at national and global conferences. She is also the local lead for DLA Piper LAW (Legal Alliance for Women) network.
Having worked in Bucharest and London, Monica has extensive expertise in a wide range of employment matters: such as sensitive high-end negotiations (ranging from top management exits to sensitive industrial relations); complex forensic investigations and disciplinary cases; cross-border high-end transfer of undertaking projects; agile working and new tax model-related products; or negotiation of complex senior exits. Prior to joining DLA Piper, Monica headed Linklaters' Employment practice (as well as its Banking & Finance practice in Romania).
- Advising a US company with an unrivalled portfolio of data infrastructure semiconductor technology – on virtually all employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market, as a result of acquiring a leader in high speed data movement with relevant operations in Romania.
- Advising one of the top aircraft engine manufacturers offering engines for the majority of commercial aircraft on significant on significant employment projects.
- Partnering – for more than a decade - with one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies on complex employment exceptional projects.
- Acting as long-time trusted advisor of a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company on employment matters, based on our extensive Technology sector knowledge and our deep understanding of their business-process-outsourcing model.
- Advising a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety – on virtually all employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market, as a result of the acquisition of a German multinational computer security software company, as well as advising in the post-acquisition phase on a full spectrum of labour matters.
- Advising a leading integrated cloud communications platform by providing sophisticated employment law guidance on complex employment matters, factoring our in-depth knowledge of the Technology sector.
- Advising a global mass media and entertainment company on various employment matters, including complex advice on employment exit and regulatory matters related to benefits.
- Advising a large FinTech company on specific employment and cross-practice projects, such as labour related analysis, updating employment documentation and measures for flexible-working.
- Advising the leading service production company in Romania by preparing and delivering specific harassment and discrimination prevention trainings to film cast and crew in anticipation of them starting film production in Romania.
- Advising a leading, global renewable energy company devoted to value creation, innovation and sustainability on various employment matters, including disputes.
- Advising one of the biggest chocolate producer and confectionery company in the world, on various employee benefits and programs.
- Advising one of the leading low cost airlines in Europe, in complex and sensitive employment matters, including complex "class action" litigations in relation to employment contract terminations claims and other employees' rights.
- Acting as go-to trusted advisor of a multinational conglomerate operating several prominent areas of business (including aerospace and performance materials and technology) for virtually all its complex employment matters, including employment litigation and industrial relations.
- Advising the leading global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions, on virtually all Romanian employment legal aspects, successfully hand-holding its Romanian journey ever since set-up and fully relying on our cross-practice team’s matured expertise in the Technology sector.
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Master in European Law, 2004
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LL.B., 2002
- Band 2 – Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Leading Individual – Legal 500, 2020
- Monica Georgiadis was recognized as a Client Choice winner in 2017
- Chambers and Partners 2016 edition describes Monica as a "very commercial and extremely responsive", while the 2015 edition states that "she is very creative and thinks outside the box"
- "The Balance Between Justice and Daily Life," Cariere (Careers) magazine, March 2015
- Author of several legal articles on various topics such as finance acquisition, private and public procurements, employment matters
- Speaker at the “International Employment Law Conference - Oxford”, 2018
- May 2013 - to date: DLA Piper Romania, Partner
- May 2012 - April 2013: DLA Piper Romania, Counsel
- November 2008 - April 2012: DLA Piper Romania, Senior Associate
- May 2008 - November 2008: International Law Firm, Managing Associate
- July 2002 - May 2008: International Law Firm, Associate
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the National Union of Romanian Bars
My latest insights
New rules in Romanian employment: electronic signatures, teleworking updates and...
12 May 2021 .9 minute read