Luis Muñoz LL.M.Partner
Luis Muñoz is a tax lawyer, with over 10 years' experience advising on international and corporate tax law, particularly on the tax aspects of cross-border private equity, real estate and debt investments and the tax structuring of regulated and unregulated investment platforms.
Luis Muñoz also advises on the tax elements of corporate restructurings and M&A transactions.
- Advised an Italian eyewear conglomerate on the reorganisation of their European holding company structure to reposition it ahead of major European tax reforms (ATAD).
- Advised on the tax aspects of the sale by a major Dutch bank of Luxembourg wealth management and insurance business.
- Advised a US asset manager on the tax aspects of the acquisition of the construction chemicals business of a German multinational chemical company.
- Advised a sovereign fund on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a landmark building in Frankfurt.
- Advised a leading French insurance group on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a luxury office complex in Luxembourg.
- Advised a US asset manager on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a portion of the real estate business of a Spanish bank valuated at approximately EUR5 billion.
- Advised a UK-based investment bank on the tax aspects of their Luxembourg-based debt issuance platform.
- Université Panthéon Assas (Paris II), LLM in International Business Law, 2012
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, LLM in Europäisches Recht, 2011
- Universidad de Salamanca, Licenciatura en derecho, 2010
- Anti-hybrid rules - A sneak-peek into present and future implications, RGFL, Larcier, 2019
- Corporate exit taxation in Luxembourg part 2, RGFL, Larcier, 2018
- Corporate exit taxation in Luxembourg part 1, RGFL, Larcier, 2017
- 2021 to date: Partner, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2017-21: International Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2015-17: Independent Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2012-15: Big 4 Accounting Firm, Luxembourg
- Avocat à la Cour registered with the Barreau de Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- Abogado registered with the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Salamanca (Spain)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Luxembourg Bar
- Member of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Luxembourg Capital Market Association (LuxCMA)
- Luxembourg Bar, joined 2015
- Salamanca Bar, joined 2011
- Member of several working groups of the Luxembourg fund industry association, ALFI
- Member of the taxation forum of the Luxembourg banking association, ABBL
- Member of the editorial board of the Revue générale de Fiscalité luxembourgeoise (RGFL)
My latest insights
Luxembourg Securitisation Symposium: an indispensable tool for growth and capital...
7 March 2023 .4 minute read
Global Tax Alert: DLA Piper provided comments on the Public Consultation on the BEFIT...
1 February 2023 .6 minute read