Hands-on advice throughout your investment
While you’re pursuing deals, we’re on hand to help with anything you need. By deal count, we’re ranked #1 for global M&A and #2 for global private equity. This experience and our global coverage mean we can spot issues early. We provide strategies and solutions that solve problems and get deals done.
Many of the world’s most active private equity sponsors consistently choose us. We also act for portfolio companies and management teams through all stages of the private equity lifecycle. And we support them with our 225+ private equity lawyers across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East.
“It is a very coordinated and strong team. Its members gel well and leverage each other’s areas of expertise to provide external advice that is cost effective and solutions-oriented.”
We are well versed in the structures, processes and dynamics critical to bringing deals together, and we can handle your business in most jurisdictions. We help local clients access new markets and offer international clients in-depth, local knowledge.
Our industry knowledge allows for enhanced legal advice from lawyers who understand the business you are investing in.
Awards and recognition
DLA Piper has recently represented the following private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies:
- ABRY Partners in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, add-on transactions and dispositions, including Sentry Data Systems, CloudWave and Benefit Recovery Group
- Accel- KKR in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, add-on transactions and dispositions, including Seequent, Click Dimensions and Integrichain
- Atlas Holdings in its acquisition of Foster Farms
- August Capital on the investment into, bolt-on acquisitions for and exit from each of Westpoint, Vetpartners and Amtivo
- Baird Capital in connection with numerous investments including the acquisition of ReMed Recovery Centers (Collage), the investment and subsequent sale of Hopebridge, and the strategic investment in Blue Matter Consulting
- Beech Tree Private Equity in the acquisitions of Fluent Money Group, BCN Group, Transparity Solutions, Advanta Wealth, Avid Insurance and Learnlight Holdings
- Bencis Capital Partners in the acquisitions of Nooteboom Textiles, Allpa Marine and PePe Parts
- BlueGem in the acquisitions of Petromax and Pool Service
- Bregal Partners in the acquisition of Juniper Landscaping and Bregal Sagemount portfolio company, Critical Start, in its leveraged recapitalization and portfolio company, GPS Insight, in its sale to Accel-KKR
- The Carlyle Group and its portfolio company iC Consult Group in the acquisitions of ICSynergy and SecureITSource, and The Carlyle Group in the acquisitions of Dept, Livingston Technologies, Derive Logic, Cloud Optics and the Rhine hotel portfolio and on the sales of FRS Global,Evernex Group and bigmouthmedia
- Centroid Investment Partners in its acquisition of TaylorMade Golf Company
- Columbia Capital in connection with numerous platform and add-on acquisitions including the acquisitions of Everstream.ai, Hyperloop, Telarus, BluWave Technology, Summit Infrastructure Group, New Signature and Cloud Sherpas
- EMK in the acquisitions of Broad HorizonBar, VDK and EyeCare and related add-on acquisitions across Europe
- Fulcrum Equity Partners in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, add-on transactions and dispositions, including Freedom Healthcare, Summitt Spine and Five Points Healthcare
- Hg Capital-backed Intelerad Medical Systems in several add-on acquisitions in the United States and the United Kingdom
- ICV Partners in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, add-on transactions and dispositions, including Total Access Urgent Care and Cherry Tree Dental
- LDC on the buy outs of Angus International, SRL Traffic Systems, SGI Compliance, Antler, Synexus Healthcare, Pure Cottages, Mitrefinch, Avantis Systems, Headland, Ashtons Hospital Pharmacy Services, Double Edge Professional Services, Foehn and Metaphor IT
- LLR Partners in connection with numerous investments, including simultaneous acquisitions of Zwart and Agrinomix to form the Adept Ag platform, the leveraged recapitalization of Intellishift, and the leveraged acquisition of Dizzion
- Mérieux in its investment in Group Serb, with additional investors Charterhouse Capital and Partners Group
- MSouth Equity Partners in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, add-on transactions and dispositions, including Tachyon, Hire Dynamics and Southern HVAC
- Shore Capital Partners in its acquisition of Moesle Meat Distribution and numerous other acquisitions
- Stellex Capital Management in connection with numerous platform acquisitions, including its leveraged acquisitions of Morbark, MHI, Peltram Plumbing Holdings, and YYK, numerous add-on acquisitions by its portfolio companies, and several exit transactions including the sale of Morbark, MHI, and Paragon, as well as the investment in and exit of PLH Group
- Sun Capital in the acquisitions of Wescom Signal & Rescue, CNC Holding, Allied Glass and Fletchers Solicitors
- Symphony in the acquisitions of the Reputational Intelligence business of the Kantar Group, PRGloo, Digimind and Critical Mention
- TA Associates portfolio companies Insightsoftware and Revalize in numerous add-on acquisitions throughout the world
- Numerous management teams on PE exits and/or new share-based equity plans in connection with more than 90 recently completed transactions representing a combined enterprise value of over Euro 100 billion
News and insights
DLA Piper advises Sciforma and STG Partners on KeyedIn Solutions acquisition and...
29 March 2023 .2 minute read
CMS proposes new disclosure requirements for Medicare SNFs and Medicaid nursing facilities...
29 March 2023 .13 minute read