Gurpreet Duhra is an experienced employment lawyer who advises employers in the Technology, Hospitality & Leisure, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors on a range of people issues.
Gurpreet's practice covers employment disputes, workplace restructuring, senior executive issues, investigations, diversity and inclusion, collective employment issues and compliance. He also regularly supports clients on protecting their businesses against unlawful competition and misuse of confidential information by employees and ex-employees.
Gurpreet is particularly experienced in supporting multi-national companies on international people related projects including on global workforce restructuring, contract and policy reviews, hybrid working and reward. He offers a global managed employment law service to clients, ensuring that they receive a seamless “one stop shop” solution for all of their international HR legal needs.
- Advising a key hospitality sector client on the restructuring and outsourcing of several key central functions and its approach to TUPE consultations.
- Representing a key leisure sector client in complex High Court and Employment Tribunal litigation with its former general manager relating to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, discrimination and harassment claims.
- Advising a technology client on the global restructuring of its finance function including planning and execution of the information and consultation process with the EWC, national works councils and trade unions.
- Representing a global technology company on landmark employee commission litigation and successfully defending claims at trial.
- Representing a leading rail company in defending one of the largest class action claims in the Employment Tribunal for alleged breach of collective redundancy and TUPE laws, following the collapse of Jarvis Rail.
- Advising a major retailer on a statutory trade union recognition request and representing the company before the Central Arbitration Committee.
- Handling a sensitive investigation on behalf of a consumer goods client relating to serious allegations of breaches of code of conduct, anti-bribery and corruption policies, harassment and bullying.
- Advising multiple global clients on COVID-19 related matters including wage subsidy schemes, vaccination and testing policies and hybrid working arrangements.
- University of Sheffield, LLB (Hons); LPC
“The group benefits from being able to leverage its international network in cross-border matters and has notable expertise in the technology, manufacturing, financial services and retail sectors. Duhra is highlighted for his expertise in collective employment issues.”
Legal 500 UK 2019
- Regular speaker at Annual DLA Piper International Employment Law Conference.
- Contributor to DLA Piper Techlaw Podcasts Series.
- 2012 to date, Partner, DLA Piper
- 2008 to 2012, Associate, DLA Piper
- 2003 to 2007, Solicitor, DLA Piper
- 2001 to 2003, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper
- Mentor on DLA Piper's Break into Law Programme
- Member of the Equality, Inclusion and Diversity Committee, University of Sheffield
Memberships And Affiliations
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Law Society