Vincenzo La MalfaHe/himPartner
Vincenzo La Malfa is a capital markets lawyer with almost 20 years' experience in advising banks, investment funds and financial intermediaries in derivatives and multiple aspects of the finance regulatory landscape.
Vincenzo is Partner of the Finance, Project & Restructuring department in Rome and he leads the Energy and Natural Resources Sector in Italy.
Vincenzo is engaged in public finance as well as on energy and sustainability matters, focusing on access to international capital markets, issuance of bonds and structured notes, negotiating and documenting derivative products and related financial collateral guarantees. He is specialised in the field of the structured finance related to energy transactions and more particularly with regard to securitisation transactions of energy efficiency projects (both in the private and public sector).
Vincenzo especially assists banks and financial intermediaries in the completion and/or restructuring of transactions of complex financial products (such as structured notes, interest rate swaps, credit derivative swaps or commodity swaps) concluded with public entities, local authorities or corporate entities.
He recently acquired significant experience in assisting crypto-assets exchanges and intermediaries in the setup and structuring of the website and related offering in Italy.
Vincenzo has also participated (as member of the team) in several litigation procedures commenced in Italy that included assisting banks and financial intermediaries with respect to the entering into derivative transactions or the mis-selling of complex structured financial products.
- Assisting to an International Asset Manager and its closed-ended investment fund in the acquisition of several portfolios of receivables and related securitisation linked to energy-efficiency projects in Italy. Most of the projects are linked to public lighting contracts and the creation of "smart cities", and are ESG compliant.
- Assisting to an Italian large Bank in the setting up of the procedures and review of the relevant legal opinions regarding close-out netting mechanisms for derivatives transactions, as requested by the CRR and related EU and Italian financial regulation for prudential purposes.
- Assisting a major International Asset Manager in the setup and closing of several dedicated funds for Italian Institutional Investors (such as Italian Pension Schemes, Pension Funds, Banking Foundations).
- Assisting several Public Entities, Insurance Companies and Italian Institutional Investors (such as Italian Pension Schemes, Pension Funds, Banking Foundations) in all the procedure concerning the entering into derivatives transaction and related EMIR aspects.
- Assisting a major Italian captive Bank of the automotive sector in the setting up of the relevant compliance projects on a recurring, as well as, on an ad hoc basis.
- Assisting a mid-size Italian Bank specialised in pawncredit business in the acquisition of the pawncredit business units (including more than 5 offices) from a major Italian Bank, covering all aspects of the acquisition transaction.
- Law degree, University of Messina
- Master degree, "International corporate counsel", LUISS Business School, Rome
He acquired an international experience within the legal department of a leading investment bank in London.