Global M&A Intelligence Report 2021
Our annual Global M&A Intelligence Report is based on an analysis of key deal terms in over 3,200 private M&A transactions on which we advised since 2015.
For the eleventh successive year we were once again number one for global M&A deal volume. We also advised on the most European Private Equity buyout deals in 2020 for the third consecutive year (Mergermarket).
Our report includes analysis and commentary on the following key topics and questions:
- Are auctions still driving better terms for sellers?
- What are the most common deal types and processes used globally?
- What are the most common conditions seen on deals?
- How are dealmakers managing and allocating risks in the gap between signing and closing?
- How common is M&A insurance, where is it being used and what types of cover are available?
- And critically: how do the trends differ between regions and countries?
- The ongoing impact on the global M&A market of the COVID-19 pandemic
- What pricing mechanisms are used and the impact of geography
- Typical earn-out terms
- Global variation in the use of restrictive covenants
- Common types of dispute resolution in relation to M&A transactions
- Seller protections - caps, baskets and claim periods.
Please note, requests will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of DLA Piper. We cannot guarantee you will receive the report after submitting a request. Alternatively, please get in touch with your usual DLA Piper contact to request a copy.
Please allow up to 7 working days for your soft-copy request to be processed.
"Thank you for the M&A report. It is excellent! I've read it this evening cover to cover. Easy to read and concise and covers all of the key topics. Very useful indeed to have the comparisons of what is 'market' by jurisdiction."Christine Franks, M&A Director, Travelopia