Antonio Arias advises international clients in cross-border M&A, venture capital and project finance in Latin America. He assists in equity and debt issuance, corporate matters and public finance transactions.
He has actively participated in the issuance of corporate bonds and equity and sovereign bonds (including under Reg S and Rule 144A), secured and unsecured financings, corporate and sovereign debt restructurings, banking transactions, listing of shares in the NYSE and Buenos Aires Stock Exchange for local and foreign companies, RenovAr projects and local and cross-border project finance and M&A transactions.
Antonio is regular counsel to one of the largest renewable energy project developers in Argentina and other companies acting in the energy sector. He has advised clients in the context of the RenovAr renewable and thermal energy projects, including but not limited to concession and tender offer proceedings, drafting and negotiation of EPCs, O&Ms and other agreements and documentation.
He also is regular counsel to several companies acting in the technology sector, including startups, throughout different stages of their corporate life. He advises on legal structuring, equity, convertible note (SAFE, KISS) and debt rounds, regulatory matters and cross-border expansion.
- Advised Gameloft / Vivendi on an acquisition of a company in Argentina and Uruguay acting in the technology industry
- Advised Seaspan Corporation and APR Energy on certain secured revolving credit facilities, including structuring of local collateral
- Advised Seaspan Corporation in the acquisition of APR Energy
- Advised Innovid Inc in the acquisition of a local entity acting in the technology industry
- Advised The Carlyle Group on an acquisition of a company in Argentina and five other jurisdictions
- Advices clients acting in the renewable energy industry in Argentina and which participated in the RenovAr tender process.
- Advised issuers in several debt issuance transactions under local law.
- Advised issuers in several debt issuance transactions under Regulation S and Rule 144/A.
- Participated in Several financing transactions involving the Stoneway Group, a company acting in the energy industry.
- Advised Brazilian Farmabase Saúde Animal Ltda. in the acquisition of Cevasa S.A., a company acting in the pharmaceutical business.
- Acted as counsel to purchaser in the acquisition of the Galileo Group, a company acting in the gas industry, by Blue Water Energy and management.
- Advised a fund in the acquisition of shares in Genneia S.A., a company acting in the renewable energy industry.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Suisse and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC as joint bookrunners in connection with SEC-registered offering by Globant S.A., an Argentine company providing high-end IT services
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Itaú BBA USA Securities, Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC as joint bookrunners in connection with a SEC-registered offering by Embraer S.A. ("Embraer") of US$500 million, 10-year bonds at a yield of 5.150%, due in 2022. Embraer is one of the world's leading aircraft manufacturers, and is the market leader in the 61-120 seat jet category, considering accumulated net orders
- Advised Accenture do Brasil Participações Ltda., a company of the Accenture Group, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vivere Brasil Serviços e Soluções S.A. (Vivere Brasil), a leading mortgage-processing technology company, which represented Accenture's first acquisition in Latin America and in the BRIC countries
- Advised Solvay Brazil, a company of the Solvay Group, in the expansion of Solvay Brazil's home & personal care products into skin care and other segments, through the acquisition of Dhaymers Indústria e Comércio de Produtos Químicos Ltda.
- Advised Solvay Brazil, a company of the Solvay Group, in the expansion of Solvay Brazil's home & personal care products into skin care and other segments, through the acquisition of Erca Quimica Ltda.
- Credit agreement between Brazilian National Bank of Economic and Social Development (BNDES) and Colombian utility Empresas Públicas de Medellín (EPM) for the acquisition of turbines and generators from Alstom Brasil Energia e Transporte, of French engineering group Alstom (EPA:ALO), as part of the Ituango hydroelectric project
- Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, Law Degree, 2007, Honors Diploma
- Masters in Law and Business, University of Pennsylvania School of Law and The Wharton School (2010)
Chambers Global, Individual Lawyer of Argentina, Banking & Finance, 2022Latin Lawyer 250, Highly Recommended Key Partner, Argentina Capital Markets, 2023
- "Ad-Tech Startup Innovid Bets on Display Ads," Wall Street Journal, September 18, 2020
- "La filosofía de inversión detrás de la firma que comprometió US$ 1.300 millones para Latam," July 10, 2020
- The Honorable Anthony Scirica, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2010)
- Prior to joining DLA Piper, Antonio worked for a New York-based law firm. He additionally served as an associate at the São Paulo office of a Brazilian law firm.
My latest insights
DLA Piper Latin America advises Advent International on a partnership with CEMEX
11 August 2022 .2 minute read