Danae specializes in the areas of economic criminal law and criminal compliance. She has a vast experience advising and litigating in criminal cases of money laundering, corruption of officials, tax crimes, as well as business crimes. Danae handles the preparation of strategies, monitoring and development of cases.
She also has experience in the development of criminal prevention systems for companies through compliance programs and has served at the Supreme Court of Justice under the direction of Dr. José Neyra Flores, as an assistant in tax function in the corporate prosecutor specialized in corruption offenses of Callao officials; as legal assistant in Mazuelos study; and as a lawyer of the corporate criminal area of Allemant Abogados.
- Assistant Professor of Criminal Procedural Law I - Dr. José Neyra Flores (2011)
- Assistant Professor of International Humanitarian Law - Dr. Vásquez Silva (2012) - Dr. Vásquez Silva
- Leaders League: Recognized attorney in "Compliance & Fraud" (2022)
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Peru Dispute Resolution: White-Collar (2024)
"La vital importancia de la etapa de monitoreo en la Debida Diligencia" By Danae Beteta, associate (Lima). Iberian Lawyer – The Latin American Lawyer Magazine, pages 48 – 49. January 2022
"Artículo: La vital importancia de la etapa de monitorio en la Debida Diligencia" February, 2022
- Mauricio Halpern Alamos, partner at DLA Piper Chile, along with our Peru associate Danae Beteta, member of the PLAFT committee of the WORLD COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATION, participated in the free webinar "M&A transactions and the prevention of BC / FT" where they presented the main trends, key aspects and best practices for conducting due diligence processes in the framework of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. More information here >>
- Associates Flavia Granados, Nelly Espinoza and Danae Beteta participated in the I Business Compliance Congress organized by the IPC - Peruvian Compliance Institute, event held from the 1st to the 3rd of September. Read more here >>
- Associate, Danae Beteta, lead the “Implementation of Compliance Programs” Workshop of the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos in an open academic session held on September 25th, 2021. More information here >>
- Associate, Danae Beteta, participated in event organized by LEX ED with the “Trends in procedural, civil, criminal and administrative law" talk on September 30th, 2021. More information here >>
- Associate in Compliance team, Danae Beteta, participated as panelist in the Specialized Workshop on the elaboration of non-financial controls in a Criminal Prevention Program on June 28.
- Associate, Danae Beteta, participated in the 1st International Congress of Commercial Law with the conference "Compliance as an efficient means of management in the company" on July 1-3.
- Assistant Professor, Criminal Procedural Law I (2011)
- Assistant Professor, International Humanitarian Law (2012)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Technical Committee for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing of the Peruvian chapter of the World Compliance Association (2020 - Present)
- Member of the Criminal Sciences Workshop of the National University of San Marcos (2010-2013)
- Member of the Economic and Business Criminal Law Workshop of the National University of San Marcos (2010-2012)
- Member of the Group of Corporate Studies Societies of the UNMSM (2010-2012)