Steve L. HernándezOf Counsel
Steve Hernandez is Of Counsel in the Los Angeles office of DLA Piper, advising and defending clients in labor and employment in a broad range of industries. Having spent the first four years of his career at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and three years working at a successful plaintiff-side class action firm, Steve brings his clients an uncommon perspective.
He has investigated and prosecuted unfair labor practices, which he now helps employers defend, and has also run union-representation elections, giving his client insight into the union campaign and election processes. His time on the plaintiff side, moreover, allows him to better assist his clients in implementing wage and hour practices and policies that mitigate the risks of potential lawsuits.
Steve advises clients in a broad range of industries, from production companies and studios to restaurants, concessionaires, warehouses and trucking companies. He devotes his practice to assisting firm clients with all manner of labor and employment related issues, including advising on union relations and on all areas of California employment law and addressing individual and class action cases in court as well as before the NLRB.
- J.D., University of Southern California
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Labor-Management Relations (2021, 2023)
- Named to the Los Angeles Business Journal's Leaders of Influence: Minority Attorneys list, recognizing lawyers who have been “particularly impactful on the legal scene while serving as trusted advisors in the LA region”
My latest insights
NLRB General Counsel seeks to expand board authority into the non-compete realm
5 June 2023 .4 minute read
Ben Gipson and Steve L. Hernández named to the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 Leaders...
23 October 2022 .2 minute read