Carina's representative M&A experience includes advising public and private companies across a wide range of industries in domestic and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, including mergers, stock transactions, asset deals and divestitures, and a number of transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). She also has experience in capital markets transactions, including representing domestic and international issuers in registered offerings and private placements of equity.
- Act II Global Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: ACTT), a special purpose acquisition company, in connection with its US$426 million business combination with Merisant Company and MAFCO Worldwide LLC, each business lines from a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated
- Credible Labs Inc. (ASX: CRD), an online financial technology company, in connection with its US$265 million acquisition by Fox Corp. (NASDAQ: FOX), a global media company
- Orgenesis Inc. (NASDAQ: ORGS), a global biotechnology company that focuses on the development, manufacturing and provision of cell and gene therapies, in connection with its US$19 million acquisition of the assets of Tamir Biotechnology, Inc., a clinical stage anti-viral therapeutics company, including its lead asset, ranpirnase
- Vermont Systems, Inc., a market leader in recreation management software for public entities, in connection with its sale of all outstanding equity interest to Clubessential Holdings, LLC, a leading provider of membership and club management solutions for the private club, college athletic, and health and fitness markets
- ACT II Global Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: ACTT), a special purpose acquisition company, in connection with its proposed US$75 million private placement to a consortium of investors led by Baron Small Cap Funds
- CS Technology, Inc. in its investment in the Series B preferred stock financing of Sitehands, Inc., led by FTV Management Company, L.P.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law
Executive Editor, Villanova Law Review
- B.A., Lehigh University
magna cum laude
- ALI-CLE Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Daniel F. O’Dea, Jr. Fellowship Award
- Dean's Merit Scholar
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises W. P. Carey in its proposed US$2.7 billion acquisition of CPA:18
1 March 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Haymaker Acquisition Corp. III in business combination with BioTE...
13 December 2021 .3 minute read