Kristin A. Pacio
Kristin Pacio concentrates her practice in complex business litigation, including class actions, securities and shareholder derivative matters, and product liability matters. She has substantial experience defending clients accused of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, and statutory violations.
She has handled matters in both state and federal court, as well as private arbitrations and mediations, ranging from two-party disputes to national class actions and multidistrict litigation. She also has experience in appellate practice at both the state and federal levels. Representative clients include insurance companies, global financial services companies, pharmaceutical companies, international corporations, and franchisors.
- Representation of hedge fund administrator and its parent company in multidistrict litigation, involving allegations of RICO violations, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract, resulting in a jury verdict for defense on all counts as well as partial indemnification for legal fees
- Representation of insurance company in competing international and federal litigations relating to fraudulent misrepresentation by insured on insurance application
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in related securities class action and shareholder derivative action, resulting in dismissal of shareholder derivative action
- Representation of business partners accused of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract in connection with investment in online retailer
- Representation of global corporation in putative class action involving claims of breach of contract and violations of state consumer protection statutes resulting in dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction
- Representation of franchisor in connection with series of actions asserting claims for violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Representation of commercial tenants in lease disputes
- Representation of financial services companies and representatives accused of improper sales practices, unsuitable financial products, and fraud in FINRA arbitrations
- J.D., Boston College Law School 2005
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania 2002
magna cum laude
Kristin takes an active role in the firm’s pro bono projects. She has handled several immigration matters, representing immigrants seeking to obtain legal status by means of asylum, special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS), and the Violence Against Women Act. She works regularly with Kids In Need of Defense (KIND) representing unaccompanied minors in asylum and SIJS matters. She also recently worked with Kansas Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, the National Center for Youth Law, and Children's Rights in representing a putative class of all foster children within the State of Kansas seeking to remedy the systematic shortfalls of the State's child welfare system.
Civic and Charitable
Kristin has been actively involved in both women's and pro bono initiatives.
Memberships And Affiliations
Kristin is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and has served as a Barrister in the Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court.