Amanda Grace RooneyAssociate
Amanda serves as a strategic and corporate advisor to a variety of clients on a broad spectrum of employment law matters. Her practice has a particular emphasis on employment issues in connection with complex corporate transactions and employee integration issues related to mergers and acquisitions; however, her counsel is influenced by her prior experience as an employment litigator.
Amanda regularly drafts personnel policies, employee handbooks, executive employment agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, separation agreements and restrictive covenants. An experienced and business-minded lawyer, Amanda efficiently and pragmatically counsels her clients on employment law compliance, including the proper classification of workers, wage and hour law requirements, leave obligations, reasonable accommodations, personnel management, litigation avoidance, and terminations.
Amanda is a member of the Transaction Specialist sub-group at DLA Piper. She is also actively involved in pro bono work in the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia) area.
Amanda is committed to the mentorship and development of junior and female attorneys. She frequently acts as a Jump Start Connection for first-year employment lawyers and serves as the Northern Virginia office representative of the firm’s Leadership Alliance for Women (LAW), a program aimed at retaining, promoting and developing women lawyers.
- Representation of one of the largest private universities in the US in connection with a series of lawsuits in New York brought by a former adjunct professor alleging discrimination based upon national origin, age and retaliation
- Representation of a major global apparel maker and retailer in employment-related matters, including alleged unpaid severance claims
- Representation of a leading fashion modeling agency in the prosecution of claims concerning breach of employment and non-solicitation agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, consulting arrangements and severance/settlement agreements and disputes relating to same
- J.D., University of Virginia
- B.S., Foreign Affairs, Georgetown University
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Ellimist Singapore on series of significant pharmaceutical M&A...
13 October 2023 .3 minute read