Amanda Grace RooneyAssociate
Amanda Rooney focuses her practice in the area of employment.
Amanda counsels employers across all industries on a wide range of workplace issues, including compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, wage and hour practices, reductions in force and leaves of absence. She regularly develops personnel policies and employee handbooks and drafts employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, restrictive covenants and separation agreements.
In addition, Amanda assists companies on a full range of employment-related needs in connections with mergers and acquisitions (both buy-side and sell-side), including performing diligence and assisting with employee integration issues arising from mergers and acquisitions. Amanda's practice also includes litigation involving employment-related discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract and tort claims.
- Representation of one of the largest private universities in the US in connection with a series of lawsuits in New York brought by a former adjunct professor alleging discrimination based upon national origin, age and retaliation
- Representation of a major global apparel maker and retailer in employment-related matters, including alleged unpaid severance claims
- Representation of a leading fashion modeling agency in the prosecution of claims concerning breach of employment and non-solicitation agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, consulting arrangements and severance/settlement agreements and disputes relating to same
- J.D., University of Virginia
- B.S., Foreign Affairs, Georgetown University
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises HGS on TekLink International acquisition as it expands its digital focus
9 March 2023 .3 minute read