Catarina Santos FerreiraPartner
Catarina Santos Ferreira practices in the area of employment law, with particular focus on hiring employees and senior managers, termination of employment contracts and restructurings, employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions and legal due diligence matters and social security.
Catarina advises national and international clients operating in different sectors of activity.
Areas of FocusEmployment
- Team member in a transaction for the acquisition of one of the largest travel and tourism companies in Portugal by a sector leading international group, notably in the labour related issues due diligence and assisting in the acquisition process
- Team member in a transaction for the acquisition of one of the biggest commercial banks in Portugal by a Spanish banking key group, notably in the labour related issues due diligence and assisting in the acquisition process
- Advising in transactions which led to the purchase of one of the major Portuguese insurance companies, notably in the labour related issues due diligence and assisting in the acquisition process.
- Advising several transactions, in Portugal and abroad, focused on acquisition and restructuring of workforce.
- Negotiation of collective labour agreement in the social sector (mutualismo).
- Advising in restructuring of workforce in several sectors of activity.
- College of Law, London, Attendance of LLM - International Legal Practice, 2009
- Lisbon University, School of Law, Post-Graduation Course in Labour Law and Social Security, 2006
- Lisbon University, School of Law, Degree in Law, 2004
Lisbon University, School of Law, Attendance of modules in a Post-Graduation degree in Tax Law, 2004
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Employment
- 2010 - present, Associate / Senior Associate Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2006 - 2010, Associate, Lisbon based law firm
- 2005 - 2006, Trainee Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
- 2004, Trainee Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association (2006)