Dr Christian SchneiderPartner
Christian Schneider advises insurers and reinsurers as well as insurance brokers with respect to insurance and corporate matters, including product development and reviews.
He is a certified specialist for insurance law and has comprehensive experience in the consultative and forensic claims handling in the fields of liability law (particularly D&O insurances and other indemnity insurances), as well as property and transport insurance.
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for dispute resolution: litigation and arbitration, for insurance law: litigation and product advice; “competent, unagitated, top quality”, competitor, “always up to date”, “excellent industry knowledge and impressive network”, “excellent monitoring, top in terms of professional, personal and negotiation skills”, competitors
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Leading name for insurance litigation and recommended for insurance: advice to insurers and insurance litigation as well as dispute resolution: commercial disputes; “One of the leading specialists in the financial lines sector and for us is one of the top lawyers in this special segment.... is very strong on the liability and coverage side and also finds creative solutions.”; “adds considerable value as he does not advise one-sidedly but constructively and on the subject matter.”
- Chambers Europe Germany 2023: Recommended for insurance; 2022: "Always available, very customer-oriented and has a broad understanding." 2020: "Highly experienced in representing insurance companies in litigation proceedings."
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recognised as “lawyer of the year” for insurance law (2020) and recommended for insurance law
- WirtschaftsWoche 2020: Listed as German "Top Lawyer" in the area of insurance law
My latest insights
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 98 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
16 June 2023 .2 minute read
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read