Brian Wohlberg represents public and private companies (including financial sponsors) in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, joint ventures and securities offerings. Brian also advises clients on general corporate matters, including governance issues, preparation of SEC filings and securities law and stock exchange compliance.
- The following companies in business combinations with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC):
- A cloud manufacturing and digital supply chain company in its business combination with a NASDAQ-listed SPAC valuing the combined enterprise at $1.4 billion.
- A leading FinTech company in its $800 million business combination with an NYSE-listed SPAC.
- A technology-enabled provider of value-based healthcare in its business combination with a NASDAQ-listed SPAC valuing the combined enterprise at $800 million.
- Deere & Company’s acquisition of Kreisel Electric, a leading developer of immersion-cooled battery technology.
- Deere & Company’s joint venture with GUSS Automation, a manufacturer of semi-autonomous orchard and vineyard sprayers.
- SolarWinds Corporation in its $1.9 billion spinoff of N-able, Inc.
- Appvion Operations in the sale of substantially all its assets to a private equity firm, as well as various divestiture transactions.
- Alliant Capital, an alternative investment manager, in its sale to Walker & Dunlop, Inc.
- The Arcticom Group, a service provider for commercial refrigeration and HVAC systems, in its sale to a private equity firm.
- AvaSure, a leading telehealth provider, in a significant equity financing from a private equity consortium.
- A private equity fund in a significant minority investment in a dark fiber and bandwidth provider.
- Obix, a leader in perinatal systems, in its sale to Harris, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc.
- NightOwl Global in its sale to HaystackID.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Brian worked on the following representative matters:
- Hillenbrand, Inc. in its $2 billion acquisition of Milacron Holdings Corp.
- Essendant, Inc. in the termination of its merger agreement with Genuine Parts Company and subsequent $1 billion sale to an affiliate of Staples, Inc.
- Ball Corporation in its:
- $675 million joint venture with Platinum Equity involving its U.S. food and aerosol packaging business.
- $6.1 billion acquisition of Rexam plc and $3.1 billion simultaneous antitrust-related disposition of certain of its and Rexam’s businesses to Ardagh Group S.A.
- Cardinal Health, Inc. in its $6.1 billion acquisition of the patient care product portfolio of Medtronic plc.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 2015
- B.A., Boston College 2009
magna cum laude
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Philip Morris International Inc. on the completion of its US$16 billion...
14 November 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Philip Morris International Inc. on USD16 billion recommended cash offer...
11 May 2022 .3 minute read