In performing work for many listed and unlisted companies, Mark has extensive M&A experience in the preparation and negotiation of share sale agreements and business sale agreements involving local, national and cross-border transactions.
Mark leads capital market transactions in relation to IPOs, share placements, share purchase plans and other forms of local and international capital raisings. He advises in relation to the ASX Listing Rules and its admission criteria and deals regularly with ASX and ASIC in relation to continuous disclosure obligations.
Mark is also actively involved in numerous significant international corporate reorganisations. Not only does he advise in relation to the Australian aspects of these multijurisdictional corporate transactions, but he and his team also assist in providing legal project management support to many jurisdictions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Mark performs work for listed and unlisted companies with a particular sector focus on the insurance, industrials, technology and professional services sectors. He is the Head of the Industrials sector for DLA Piper in Australia.
Furthermore, he has extensive experience in the preparation of shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements and the broader range of commercial agreements including manufacturing and distribution agreements and has also advised many boards on best practice for corporate governance.
- Advising Newell Brands in relation to the Australian corporate steps involved with the disposal of Irwin Tools to Stanley Black & Decker.
- Advising Nuix Limited in relation to its acquisition of a US technology company.
- Acting for CGU Insurance Limited on its acquisition of the general insurance business of Western Australian based health fund, HBF Health Limited.
- Acting for IAG in relation to its acquisition of Westcourt General Insurance Brokers.
- Advising City Football Club on its high profile acquisition of A-League football club, Melbourne Heart (now called Melbourne City).
- Advising Oliver Wyman in relation to the acquisition of a professional consulting enterprise.
- Advising RPS Group in relation to numerous acquisitions of professional services firms in Australia and other jurisdictions.
- Acting for Fujitsu Australia Limited on its acquisition of KAZ Group Pty Ltd and Supply Chain Technologies Pty Ltd.
Equity Capital Markets
- Advising Perseroan (Persero) PT Aneka Tambang Tbk, the Republic of Indonesia's leading metals and mining company, on the Australian aspects of its landmark Rp5.9 trillion (USD393m) rights issue.
- Advising Nickel Mines Limited in relation to its accelerated non-renounceable rights issue which raised in excess of USD364m
International corporate restructuring
- Advising Danaher Corporation in relation to the Australian and Asian implementation of its global separation into a science and technology growth company with multibillion dollar revenues and a diversified industrial growth company.
- Advising Danaher Corporation on the Australian corporate steps relating to its acquisition of the biopharma life sciences division of GE for USD29bln
- Advising Marsh McLennan Group in relation to numerous international corporate restructuring initiatives.
- Advising Verra Mobility in relation to its Australian operations following the acquisition of Redflex Holdings Limited.
- Mark has been recognised in the Australian Financial Review's Best Lawyers listing for his work in 'Mergers and Acquisitions' (2014-2021)
- Mark is recognised in the Legal500 for Corporate M&A as someone who possesses "very good industry knowledge" (2019)
- IFLR1000 lists Mark as a Notable Practitioner in Capital Markets: Debt, Equity and M&A
Memberships And Affiliations
- Business Law Council of Australia, Corporations Law Committee (Melbourne)
- Law Institute of Victoria