Jean-Louis Kerrels practises commercial law, assisting clients with the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts, including the setting-up of commercial politics and strategies in relation to commercial practices, protection and information of consumers, unfair practice, product liability and competition rules.
Contracts include distribution agreements, supply contracts, service contracts, warranties, lease, international sales contracts, infrastructure contracts, purchase/sale of shares and assets.
Jean-Louis is also involved in various real estate projects, more specifically in the retail sector, and in infrastructure projects with public authorities and private companies. He has consolidated his practice in public private partnership by assisting his colleagues in the UK with the negotiation of real estate and infrastructure projects.
He is also an active litigator and has represented clients in complex commercial and real-estate cases regularly involving cross-border issues.
Jean-Louis provides services to DLA Piper UK LLP through a civil company under the form of a personal liability.
- The setting up of complex distribution networks
- Leading extensive due diligence investigations on specific and complex commercial and real estate matters and coordinating with other jurisdictions
- Assisting in the negotiations of various buy-out transactions and in the drafting of all related commercial contracts
- The establishment and optimising of commercial and retail strategies with regard to legal restrictions
- Advising clients on complex infrastructure and development agreements for various projects, including projects in Africa
- Handling litigation matters including arbitration concerning commercial and real estate law
- The drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts in the distribution and manufacturing sectors
- Solvay Business School Brussels, Executive program in real estate, 2006
- University of KU Leuven, Baccalaureaat in Bedrijfseconomie, 1990
- University of Louvain-La-Neuve, Law degree, 1989
Jean-Louis regularly participates in conferences on various topics relating to his areas of specialization (distribution network, public/private partnership, real estate, drafting of contractual contracts, contractual liability and consumer rights).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Brussels Bar
- Association for the study of competition law