Richard Normington specialises in acquisition financing and general corporate lending.
Richard advises private credit funds, bank lenders and private equity sponsors on debt products throughout the capital structure, including senior, unitranche, super senior, first-out-last-out, second lien, mezzanine and holdco PIK.
Richard has a particular focus on cross border private credit financing transactions. He also has extensive experience advising on corporate and investment grade facilities for both public and private companies.
- Advising a leading European private credit fund on the first-out-last-out financing of the private equity backed acquisition of a security business.
- Advising the investor in a UK hospitality business on a senior / second-lien acquisition financing provided by a leading international private credit fund.
- Advising two leading private credit funds on EUR1.3 billion unitranche and acquisition facilities provided to a private equity owned international education business.
- Advising a leading European private credit fund on unitranche facilities provided for the private equity backed acquisition of an office services business.
- Advising Santander and Aviva Investors in connection with facilities provided in respect of Oakley Capital’s investment in London estate agency business Dexters.
- Advised a US debt fund in connection with unitranche facilities provided for the leveraged acquisition of a UK medical business by a US private equity sponsor.
- Advising a US based private equity fund in respect of senior secured French bonds for the acquisition of two European technology businesses.
- Advising a UK listed PLC on the refinancing of its institutional facilities as part of an extensive restructuring.
- The University of York, BSc (Hons) Physics, 2006
- BPP Law School, GDL, 2007
- BPP Law School, LPC, 2008