Viktor György RadicsPartner
As a dispute lawyer, Viktor Radics is active in domestic and cross-border litigation, domestic and international commercial arbitrations (ICC, UNCITRAL, VIAC) for.
He has robust experience in infrastructure, energy, finance and capital markets, gambling, pharma and real estate disputes whether contractual (delay, warranty, interpretation, damages), product liability or corporate. Viktor frequently acts in private international law-based cases which are affected by the laws of more than one country. He has been selected for inclusion in The Legal 500’s subsequent Arbitration Powerlist - CEE Region.
Viktor and his disputes team also represent clients in disputes that involve forensic experts and require comprehensive understanding of the technical, accountancy, medical etc. issues before transmitting the solution to the courts in a reasonable way.
He has successfully represented clients in administrative litigations in the fields of energy, tax, gambling, pharma, construction and telecom before Hungarian courts as well as before the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU).
He is also a recommended arbitrator by the Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Other than his disputes practice, Viktor also advises clients on gambling law. He is recognised as a global leader in WWL: Gaming 2021-2022.
Corvinus University, Institute of Graduated International Studies, International Relations, Budapest, Hungary, 2008
- University of Miskolc, Miskolc, Hungary, Faculty of Law, LLM, Diploma, 2002
- Viktor Radics often assists clients from the manufacturing, pharmaceutical and construction industries with contentious matters. He also represents clients in contractual arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. A client describes him as a "rising star on the market," adding that "he is a brilliant courtroom lawyer." – Chambers Europe, 2022
- Viktor Radics often deals with litigation on behalf of clients from the manufacturing, insurance and construction industries. Radics is also involved in banking disputes and contractual arbitration. One interviewee considers him to be a "smart lawyer who has a good understanding of what needs to be achieved." Clients highlight that he is "always able to consider large amounts of information.” – Chambers Global, 2021
- Mr. Viktor Radics is a brilliant professional who is very experienced, responsible, and easy to work with. He is really multifaceted, combining sharp intelligence, strong expertise in the field of dispute resolution and an impressive command of self-control in difficult situations. – Legal500, 2022
- Hungarian journal ArsBoni has published an interview with Viktor György Radics, which you can read here.
- Vixio – Gamling Compliance - Hungary Ending Online Monopoly Without Caveats Unlikely, 2022
- Gambling Insider – Interview about licensing issues in Hungarian law related to the gambling sector, 2022
- ICLG – Gamling Laws and Regulations Hungary 2022 - Hungary Chapter.
- Emergency Arbitration – Magyar Választottbírósági Évkönyv 2019-20
- Hungary plans to liberalize its sports betting market.
- Experiences and Consequences of the Hungarian Online Gambling Litigations (2013-18), 2019
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Global, 2020 - 2023, Dispute Resolution, (Individual Rankings): Band 2
- Chambers Europe, 2020 - 2023, Dispute Resolution, (Individual Rankings): Band 2
- Legal 500, 2022 - 2023, Dispute Resolution, (Individual Rankings): Next Generation Partners
- Legal 500, 2020 - 2021, Dispute Resolution, (Individual Rankings): Rising Stars
- Who's Who Legal: Global Leader - Gaming 2022, (Individual Rankings): Recommended
- The Legal 500 Arbitration Private Practice Powerlist – CEE Region
Memberships And Affiliations
- Roll of Arbitrators of the Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- International Arbitration Group of DLA Piper
- International Banking Litigation Group of DLA Piper
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)