Byron Bromham has experience in debt capital markets (including securitisation) and general debt finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, and corporate finance, as well as experience in financial services regulation, including financial market regulation, card and related electronic payments, financial technology, cryptocurrencies, and consumer protection.
- Advising on the funding provided to WRC Newco by FirstRand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank Division) by drafting a ZAR50 million general banking facility agreement to be entered into between the parties, and the associated security arrangements.
- Advising Ovation Capital Proprietary Limited on its application for registration as a systems operator in the National Payment System.
- Advising SA Taxi Holdings Proprietary Limited and Transaction Capital Limited on the establishment of the Transsec (RF) Limited R4 billion asset backed securitisation programme and the debut issuance of notes thereunder in the amount of ZAR665 million.*
- Advising SA Taxi on the establishment of an unlisted, segregated asset-backed note programme and Series Transaction 1 thereunder (Transaction value: ZAR800 million).*
- Advising Nedbank on the establishment and listing of its Ndala credit-linked repackaging note programme, and on the establishment of Series Transaction 1 under the Ndala Multi-Issuer Secured Note Programme and the debut issuance of notes thereunder in the amount of ZAR300 million.*
- Advising Standard Bank and SA Taxi Finance Holdings Proprietary Limited on the establishment and listing of the Transsec 3 (RF) Limited ZAR2,5 billion asset backed securitisation programme and the debut issuance of notes thereunder in the amount of ZAR505 million.*
- Advising the Airports Company of South Africa SOC Ltd (a major South African state owned company) on substantial amendments to their ZAR30 billion DMTN programme.*
- Advising the South African Securitisation Forum on the application of the King IV corporate governance principles to securitisation issuers in the context of the JSE debt listing requirements.*
- Advising Sasfin Bank Limited on the issuance of Notes under Series 3 of the South African Securitisation Programme (RF) Limited ZAR5 billion multi-seller segregated asset backed securitisation programme (Transaction value: ZAR618 million).*
- Advising Mazwe Financial Services Proprietary Limited and Sasfin Bank Limited on a new loan facility in the amount of ZAR80 million granted by Futuregrowth Asset Management Proprietary Limited to Mazwe Funding SPV (RF) Proprietary Limited.*
- Advising Mastercard on a range of its payment related services across the African continent.*
- Providing regulatory advice to crypto asset service providers and exchanges.*
- Advising Discovery Bank in relation to the set-up, deployment and running of the bank's technology infrastructure.*
- Advising Commonwealth Finance South Africa on its online financial tool for advancing credit to consumers who make online purchases from online merchants.*
- Advising Rainfin P2P (the first SARB approved peer-to-peer lending platform in South Africa).*
- Advising Discovery Bank on branchless banking and Anti-Money Laundering solutions in non-face-to-face transactions.*
- Advising FirstRand Bank on its eWallet Send Money service which enables customers to transfer money to multiple payees.*
- Advising Tyme Bank on many of its payment services related products.*
- Advising the South African Association of Ship Operators and Agents on its compliance with data privacy laws in South Africa.*
- Advising credit providers on their obligations under the credit laws in South Africa as well as facilitating the entire credit provider registration and application process with the National Credit Regulator.*
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises on acquisition finance of 4GW solar and power assets across Africa
17 January 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises on the refinancing of Africa’s sole concentrated photovoltaic solar...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read