Carole Rhein focuses on domestic and cross-border litigation, particularly civil, commercial and real estate dispute prevention and resolution. She also assists and represents clients in financial and corporate disputes, as well as in debt recovery and enforcement proceedings.
Carole has also extensive experience in real estate and advises clients on all aspects of domestic real estate transactions and developments. Over the years, she has gained experience in assisting international clients in the negotiation of real estate transactions.
- Representing an international real estate investor and developer in proceedings following a guarantee call by the purchaser in the context of a share deal relating to the sale of a special purpose vehicle holding an office building in Luxembourg.
- Representing a constructor in proceedings in connection with building defects related to the extension works of a building owned by a Luxembourg public institution.
- Advising numerous real estate investors on the sale or the purchase of real estate properties, both asset and share deals.
- Assisting a leading international asset manager on the daily legal follow-up of the leasing of a 40,000 sq. m property complex (office and retail) in Kirchberg.
- D.E.S.S. in local government administration, University of Strasbourg, France, 2003
- Master’s Degree in political science, University of Strasbourg, France, 2002
- Master's Degree in public law, University of Strasbourg, France, 2001
Publications and media
- Le contrat préliminaire de réservation en matière d’immeubles à construire, Revue Luxembourgeoise de Droit Immobilier, 14 September 2021
- Virtual Land in the metaverse, 31 October 2022
- 2022 to date Counsel, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2015 to 2022, Senior Associate, International Law Firm
- 2010 to 2015, Associate, Top-tier Luxembourg Law firm
- 2006 to 2008, Legal Advisor, Government agency