Thomas HerbstSenior Associate
Thomas is specialized in real estate law. He advises companies and predominantly institutional investors on real estate transactions.
He has particular expertise in providing comprehensive advice on project developments. He accompanies his clients from the property analysis to the construction and realization of the project, including the creation of building law.
- Advising a leading international real estate company on the development of a EUR 1 Bn plus logistics project.
- Advising Aurelis Real Estate GmbH on the acquisition and disposal of five properties in Southern Germany, including development projects.
- Advising Catella Real Estate AG on the acquisition and disposal of fifteen properties in Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Augsburg, Langenhagen, Tübingen, Erlangen and Cologne, including several mixed-use buildings, office and logistics buildings as well as shopping centres and development projects.
- Advising Conren Land Management GmbH on the acquisition of three properties in Langen and Düsseldorf.
- Advising GLP on the development of ten logistics properties in Germany, including the acquisition of land, planning and construction.
- Advising Kingstone Investment Management GmbH on the acquisition of eight properties in Southern Germany, including mixed-use buildings and development projects.
- Advising LIP INVEST GmbH on the acquisition of a property in the State of Brandenburg, including a development project.
- Advising PATRIZIA on the sale of a property in Hanover.
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second State Examination, 2017
- University of Passau, First State Examination, 2015
Awards & Recognitions
- Legal 500 Germany 2021: Recommended for real estate and construction: real estate; “With him, no topic is lost”; “you can always count on nothing being overlooked”
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Catella Real Estate on acquisition of production property
1 August 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises KINGSTONE Real Estate on the acquisition of a property in Munich
20 December 2022 .2 minute read