Joy Araman is experienced in the resolution of complex and strategic business law disputes.
For more than ten years, Joy Araman has been assisting and representing French and international groups, investment funds, as well as listed and unlisted companies in the transactional or judicial handling of their commercial and financial disputes.
She advises in crisis management situations, in the resolution of difficulties related to the social life of companies, their governance, the fulfilment of their contractual commitments, as well as in matters of collective proceedings.
Joy Araman has also advised several foreign institutions and state-owned companies in the resolution of their disputes, particularly in the context of international sanctions.
- Advising, assisting, and coordinating the defence of several foreign government entities and state companies in complex litigation involving various issues including corporate law, collective proceedings, enforcement channels, and asset recovery*
- Advising companies and institutions in proceedings that raise complex issues of international law (the application of immunity from jurisdiction of development banks, exequatur in France of foreign judgments)*
- Advising a listed company in connection with several litigations initiated by more than 150 former minority shareholders before the French courts in compensation for the damage caused by the rejection of 0 information on the market*
- Advising private equity firms in litigation with former executives and shareholders*
- Advising, assistance and representation of French and foreign companies in pre-litigation and complex litigation situations related to the non-performance or breach of civil and commercial contracts (all sectors: financial, energy, real estate, luxury, new technologies)*
- Advising and representation of creditors (banks, default structures), debtors and judicial agents in the context of collective proceedings*
- Advising of companies in the frame of the social life (disputes between partners or between companies and their former executives)*
- Advising a major player in the agri-food sector in a contamination case.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas Master's Degree in Criminal law and criminal sciences, 2006
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas Master's Degree in Business Law, 2005
Joy Araman has worked for several leading international law firms.